Chapter 4

"So you are telling us that he asked you to be his project partner?" Henry said popping a piece of bubble gum into his mouth.

He offered me one which I took gratefully before nodding my head at him slightly,

"He did."

"Alec Alan did?" Max asked again slowly.

I rolled my eyes and ignored him this time. He just looked at my face from the side before heaving out a deep breath.

"Woah. Why would he do that though?" He asked looking in the front now as we walked towards our lockers to get books for the next class.

I bit my bottom lip. I haven't told them about how I helped him in the library. It wasn't my place to tell so I kept quiet.

"Do you think he might have feelings for you?" Henry suddenly asked stopping, making me and Max stop too.

I stared at him for a good minute before bursting out laughing. I hit his shoulder lightly as I laughed,

"That's bold of you to assume." I said controlling my laughter and standing up straight now.

Henry stood there with a dead expression on his face the whole while before furrowing his eyebrows, "why can't he like you?" He asked in all seriousness.

The smile from my face faded away. I cleared my throat before looking back at Max who looked at me in a questioning way too.

Because he is already in love with someone else?

"You were the one who told me he liked Liya." I tried to sound cheery.

"Well that was just an assumption from our side." He shrugged his shoulder.

A true assumption they had.

"Look, either way he doesn't like me. I can assure you that because..." he raised an eyebrow at me to finish my sentence, "because we don't even know each other that well. We just talked once for god's sake!"

Henry made a small pout with his mouth before nodding his head in understanding, "I guess you are right."

I sighed with relief before taking both their arms and linking them with mine.

"Let's go." I said enthusiastically and made our way through all the people.

We were just about to reach my locker when my eyes got caught on that one person standing at the end of the hall with his back against the locker.

I was about to ignore it but then I remembered the book in my bag. Alecs' book. I stopped before looking at Max and Henry,

"You guys go ahead, I will be back." I told them.

"What is it?" They asked me but I was already ahead of them.

"I have to return a thing back to it's owner." I yelled enough to let them hear.

I could feel their confused looks behind my back. I shook my head before continuing my way towards the blonde hair guy. I pushed away a few people trying to make my way.

I was just ten steps away from him. A smile made its way onto my face out of nowhere. I was about to call his name when I stopped in between. I stopped the second I saw his eyes lit up. I didn't even need to look away from his face to know the reason for that spark in his eyes.

But just to make sure my eyes followed his gaze and sure enough I saw Liya walking together with Xavier. Their hands clasped together. Looking happy.

I looked back at Alec as he waited for her to notice him. As he stood there not wanting to interrupt their moment.

With a spark in his eyes but at the same time a lot of pain. That was my first time seeing a person looking at someone with so much love but at the same time so much pain.