Chapter 27

"Why are you so quiet?" Alec asked once we were on the road for about five minutes now.

I fumbled with my fingers before looking at him a little nervous.

"I'm fine." I mumbled quietly looking outside to distract myself.

He was silent before asking, "Are you nervous?"

I was still looking outside.

"Yeah." I whispered.

I was nervous. I was nervous to meet her after these weeks. After not seeing her for almost this long...I was excited but at the same time, very nervous too.

All sorts of questions were running through my head. What am I gonna ask her? What will I tell her? Will she be just as happy to see me as I will be? Will she have that spark in her eyes which she did before?

I felt Alec's hands hand on mine. I turned my head to look at him surprised but he was already staring ahead while driving. I felt him squeezing my hands lightly in reassurance.

"Trust me. It's going to be alright." He said taking a turn to the right.

I nodded my head lightly, "I hope so."

He looked at me momentarily, "Anytime you want to leave or if it gets overwhelming...just know, that's why I am here."

I opened my mouth to say something when I felt the vibrations of my phone ringing in my pocket.

I checked the caller before picking up.

"Henry?" I asked.

"Hey!... Where are you right now?" He asked.

"I am going to the hospital to meet my mom." I told him, "Why?"

There was silence on the other end.

"Henry?" I asked to make sure he was still listening.

"What happened to your mom?" I could hear panic in his voice, "Is she alright? Why is she in the hospital?"

How could I forget? I still haven't told Max and Henry about my parents divorce and that my mother was now working as a nurse.

"Calm down." I said with a smile on my face even though I knew he couldn't see me, "She is fine. She just works there."

"She works?... Since when?" I was pretty sure there was confusion etched on his face.

"Just a few weeks. I'll tell you everything tomorrow, okay?"

It was just time that I told them about it. About my parents divorce. I just wish they don't hate me for hiding it from them but at the same time I will understand if they get mad at me. It's their right.

"How long before you get home?" He asked.

"It will take a while. Why?" I asked curiously.

There was definitely something he had up his sleeves or he won't be asking me such questions.

"Nothing much. You'll know."

"Okay?" I said unsure.

"Trust me." He chuckled, "It's nothing.... I'll call you later, okay?"

I hummed before hanging up.

"We are here." Alec said the second I put my phone back inside.

I could feel my heart racing while he parked the car. Once he was done he turned towards me and looked at me concerned.

Don't ask me why I was so nervous. Even I don't know. It was just so overwhelming for me to see my mom after all these weeks, to remind me that I still have someone who loves me and is doing everything for me.

Searching For Serenityजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें