Chapter 13

I tried kicking Max and Henry's back as soon as I saw them after class.

"What were you thinking?"

I couldn't hit them hard enough so the only look I could get out of them was that of a weirdo. 

"We were thinking about how to get you to attend the PE class." Max said throwing his arms around Henry's shoulders. Henry placed his hand on Max's hand which was on his shoulder.

"Not right now. What were you thinking when you babbled in front of Alec."

His eyes went wide in realisation, "Thaaaaat. It was nice to receive a free kitkat wasn't it?" He grinned at me.

I stared at him.

Henry tskd before removing Max's arms and coming to me while putting both his hands on my shoulder.

"Leave it now. We didn't tell him much but we were just helping him out. Besides," he removed his hands, "you can't do anything now."

I cursed at them and threw light punches at their guts. The both of them laughed while just trying to stop me.

"Class! We have a class to attend." Henry chuckled lightly.

Oh my god. PE class. I don't want to. I don't want to do any physical exercise right now. Not before lunch!

I shook my head while making a face, letting Max and Henry know that I didn't want to attend the class.

The both of them were standing in front of me—just outside the PE class as they smirked at me evilly and nodded their heads.

I continued shaking my head while they continued nodding it.

Slowly, I stepped a little away from them before making a run away from the class. Away from them. Just away from any sort of thing that required too much of my energy.

"Come back!" I could hear Henry yelling from far behind me now.

"I don't want to. I will join you after this, I promise." I waved my hands at them.

I could see the disappointment on their faces even from where I was standing. I passed them a grin before turning around and leaving.

I sucked in a deep fresh of air the second I was out. The sun was shining brightly but it wasn't that hot. To sum up, it was a good weather today.

I looked around the parking lot and couldn't help but wonder, where should I go now? Of course, I got myself rid from the class but where should I go now?

Unlike many students I don't drive the car and take the school bus so going far away is not an option.

I kicked a stone that was lying near my feet and watched it go land a little far away. It was then that I remembered that there was an area not that far away from school. Just a place where it wasn't much crowded.

A perfect place to spend the next one hour? Of course! What could be better than a place without any sort of distractions and a place where I can just close my eyes and enjoy the surrounding without having the care in the world.

I looked at my phone before putting it back in my pocket. We are gonna walk in this beautiful weather now.

I got out of the parking lot and took a left. Lifting my head up I felt the warmth of the sun on my face. The roads were empty so I could literally hear my footsteps every time I put my foot forward.

It was not even five minutes when I felt the need to look back. Not sure, I turned around and looked keenly to only find it usual.

Strange. I definitely felt like there were footsteps other than mine.

I pursed my lips and ignored it.

I stopped as soon as I saw my destination. I made a run towards it. I could feel myself getting a little sweaty but the thought of the relief I would get once I reach soothed me.

I gasped for air as I stood in front of the elevated area filled with green colours. A huge grin spread across my face. Finally. I was here.

I gave my legs a few exercises before climbing up this small hill like park. Once I was on the top, a huge smile spread across my face as I looked at the almost scenery like picture in front of me.

Although there wasn't much. Just a green land spreading across. It still seemed so beautiful. It still gave me the peace I was looking for.

After all the drama with Alec, Liya, Olivia and Xavier. This was much needed for me.

I still don't know how I am getting myself entangled between them. Other than being Alec's chemistry partner project (that too because he was grateful for my help) I don't remember trying to interfere into his matters, then why was I continually reminded of him?

Brian would come and more or less threaten me while Nathaniel just wants me to stay by Alec's side.

But the worst of all. The thing that is bothering me the most is...What do I want?

I sighed before closing my eyes momentarily.

I have to steer clear away from him. I know. I don't like to meddle with anyone's personal life but whenever I see him it's like I cannot help myself. Every time I see his light sky blue eyes looking at me, I cannot help but be drawn to them.

I opened my eyes and walked towards a few trees which were standing straight just near the corner. I wanted to lie down and think about it with a clear mind.

As soon as I sat down I was engulfed in the shade of the tree. I laid my back against the tree and rested my head on it so that I could see the sunlight trying to escape from between the leaves.

Without looking down I reached out for an already fallen leaf around me and held it in my hand—stretching it out towards the sky. It was a fresh leaf. I tried to stop the little escape of sunlight through the leaf.

"It's fascinating how a single leaf can block the sunlight too."

I sat straight in alarm—the leaf still in my hands which were holding onto the ground now.

I looked around and saw no one. I was sure I heard the voice. I was sure it was his voice.

Or have I reached the point where I am imagining his voice? No, not possible.

"What are you doing here? Don't you have a class?"

There was no doubt he was here! But where? I looked around and getting onto arms and feet I looked on the other side of the tree.

I wasn't surprised when I finally saw him sitting there with one of his legs folded and the other spread out. He had one of his arms behind his head as he laid back on the tree just like me. His eyes were closed as he picked a leaf from beside him.

He opened one of his eyes and the sunlight hitting the edge of his face and eyes made his iris radiate even more shimmering blue.

He held out the leaf in his hand, "Want one more to stop it?"

I stared at him.

Not anymore. I didn't want to block the only sunlight anymore. Not when his eyes can radiate like that.

Nonetheless he handed me the leaf and patted next to him.

What? Is he asking me to sit next to him?

He patted it again but when I didn't move an inch he took me by my arm and pulled me in to sit next to him.

I cleared my throat as I sat next to him. I kept a safe distance between us as I saw Alec going back to closing his eyes.

Even looking at him like this, he looked relaxed.

"We should talk." He said in low voice so that only I could hear.

____