Chapter 33

"What?" I asked looking up from my book.

Alec and I were in my apartment. As he said, he drove me back home and stayed to teach me chemistry so that we can finally do our project.

"What?" He asked amused as he sat beside me on the floor with the table in front of us.

I pointed the tip of my pen towards him and squinted my eyes, "Stop staring at me."

He looked taken aback before giving me an innocent look, "I am just admiring."

I could feel the corner of my lips turning upwards but I stopped myself and cleared my throat, "Well stop that. It's distracting me from focusing on the question in hand."

He shifted in his seat before coming forward. I leaned back as I stared into both his eyes. He had a smirk on his face, when he stopped just centimetres away from my face.

"Who wants to study when we can do so many things together."

I gulped, "What do you mean?"

His eyes traveled a little down, "We got together today. Do you really want to study?"

When I said that I had intuitions about him coming over, I wasn't wrong.

"Of course." I tried to smile with him still very close to me, "I don't know what else you might be thinking either."

He stared at me for a while. I could see him biting the insides of his cheek when he suddenly pulled back and ran his hands through his blonde hair.

"If that's what you want." He muttered and looked away.

I felt bad. I shouldn't, but I did. But I wasn't going to get distracted, or that's what I wanted.

I went back to my book. I had only put the tip of the pen against the paper when I felt his velvety voice whisper just beside my ear,

"Are you sure?"

In reflex, I snapped my head to my left and to avoid bumping our heads together and crack them open I pulled a little back.

I lost my balance as I fell down on my back. But that wasn't shocking. Not at all. I was more surprised when I saw Alec slowly coming on top of me.

He placed both his hands beside my face and slowly started leaning in again.

Look, who isn't giving up at all. Finding ways to get close. Just taking advantage of the situation.

But I didn't mind him taking the advantage of the situation right now. I closed my eyes as I waited for his lips to finally touch mine.

I heard a knock on the front gate.

My eyes snapped open as I looked at Alec in alarm, "Who could it be?" I asked with him still on top of me. Even he was looking towards the door in a questioning way.

"Serene."

That voice. It was enough to send down shivers down my body. I snapped my head to look at Alec and found him already looking at me with horror.

"I-is that your-" he could not even finish his sentence when I pushed him away from me. He landed a little far away and groaned in pain as I sat straight and stared at the closed door now.

We are screwed. We are so screwed.

My mom is here. She is here! She is never home in time for god's sake! Whatever happened today?

"I am coming in." She said.

"WAIT." I yelled getting up on my heels as fast as I could. I started fidgeting on my legs.