Chapter 30: Rob

Depuis le début

"What's that"? Owen asked as he walked into the kitchen gesturing to the enchanted fae-paper I was reading.

"It's a letter from my mom", I said and paused my reading. I watched him grab a plastic bottle from the fridge and open it as he sat down on the stool at the counter in front of me.

"I guess a lot has happened since I dropped Alm off. She said my Father has improved a lot. Alm is doing well...and she was telling me that he and Dad got into some trouble".

"Trouble", Owen laughed with intrigue.

I chuckled and looked back down at the letter as I walked closer to him, "They were racing through the market, I guess".

"You're Dad seems really great", he said as is laugh faded. "At least from my first impression".

"He is." I agreed and then looked up to him with confusion. "Wait a second, what's your impression? When did you get a first impression"?

"At cascade falls", he laughed softly before his expression grew solemn. "When I thought you had died in my arms, I nearly lost it and your dad consoled me".

"He did"? My wings perked, ignoring the painful memory, "What did he say"?

Owen peered at me with a gentle grin, "That's between us".

"Awgh", I scoffed, my wings twitching in irritation, "You're really not going to tell me"?

Amused with my reaction, Owen shook his head with a smile before drinking some of his water. I put my hands on my hips and tried to fight my own laugh, "Owen, I told you every one of my secrets".

"I'll tell you after we get married", he said setting the bottle down slowly with his normal tender grin.

"Well then, lets go", I said adamantly and flew a few inches off the counter.

"Ri", he stopped me without missing a beat and raised a brow, "We need to plan a wedding, and I'd like to have your family there at least".

I drifted back down landing slowly, conceding to the fact that I wouldn't know until after we had a wedding that was still just an idea at the moment.

"Alright, fine", I conceded and crossed my arms in defiance. "Keep your secrets... maybe they will keep you warm at night". I peered up at him teasingly.

His eyes brightened as his brows raised in amusement, "O-ho-kay". I turned around with a nod, so he couldn't see me fighting my smile as I meandered away with erect wings.

"This coming from the little lady who keeps my hand  warm at night, if that".

I froze in shock, and turned around with a slack jaw before blurting out my retort. "I keep your heart  warm, Owen Daniels"! He flinched slightly, though not at my volume, before his face grew kind again.

"That you do". He got up from the counter and bent down to me, placing a gentle kiss on my cheek... Well, it was more like the side of my head and my shoulder, but I knew where he was aiming. He turned around walking towards the door taking his bottle with him.

"Where are you going"? I asked as he grabbed his keys and jacket.

"Just to the store real quick, I have to grab a few things before Rob comes over for dinner, do you want to come"?

"No", I waved him off. "I need to finish reading this letter". He nodded and left, as I returned my attention to the paper in my hand.

It took me a little over 10 minutes to reread through the lengthy troubles my brother and father were causing my mother. I started to read the rest: