Chapter 25: Twitterpated

The next day I drifted slowly into consciousness beckoned by the twilight to come into awareness. I blinked my eyes slowly to find I was snuggly draped over Owen with my shoulder tucked into his arm and my head on his chest. My heart fluttered at the warmth that accompanied his touch. I realized the aching I absorbed yesterday had completely faded. I lifted my head gently and adjusted my arm to prop myself up to look at him.

My movement stirred him and he adjusted his head which now faced me with the smallest sleepy grin. My heart was full and my spirit content, as I leaned forward and kissed his cheek softly. I was hoping he'd wake up to it, but he didn't. I kissed his cheek again. Nothing... I squinted at him for a quick second and then with a giggle, I smothered his cheek, lips and chest with 20 more kisses until he groaned sleepily.

"Ri" his voice hoarse and tired. "It's too early for this", he scrunched his face momentarily before turning his head away from me. And then ever-so softly, I held up a finger and 'booped' his nose unable to stop the breathy giggle that followed. He swallowed and turned his head back to face me and peeked one tired eye open momentarily. He grinned softly with a breathily chuckle.

"I'll start the coffee", I whispered with another kiss and turned to get out of bed.

Before I could stand all the way up, I squealed in surprise as his hands grabbed my hips and pulled me back onto the bed. My fingers covered my mouth embarrassed with the squeal that flew out as Owen propped himself over me with a playful sleepy smile.

"What are you doing", I giggled girlishly. He just smiled wildly and lowered himself into a kiss. He lowered himself half on top of me as our lips danced across each others. Our lips slowed and separated before his head pulled back to look at me. He softly dragged his fingers up my thigh. My body tensed and laxed under his tease. He pulled off my shirt and shifted fully on top of me between my legs that were open with invitation. He leaned in for a kiss but I stopped him putting my hands on his chest.

I looked at him with a serious expression, "Owen....", I started and watched concern grow on his face. "I just... I think I'm just too fragile for this", I finished with a laugh unable to keep composure.

He pushed his tongue against the side of his cheek and reluctantly chuckled as I laughed at his expense. He looked back down at me blankly with an inquisitive brow. His lips brushed mine softly before surprising me by aggressively hooking the back of my knee with his elbow pushing my thigh up to my chest as he advanced inside forsaking all tenderness.

_____

The golden glow stayed on our bodies for a while, the intensity of the still new experience left my legs weak. I wasn't tired but I closed my eyes and laid in his arms for a while absorbing the peace of the morning. I could feel him pull away behind me before his soft lips kissed my shoulder. I smiled and opened my eyes in confusion when the safety of his arms disappeared.

I heard the nose of running water, but it sounded too harsh to be the fountain Owen called "shower". I turned over which took great effort, to see him nakedly saunter back into the room. My posture followed him as crossed to room to sit on the edge of the bed next to me.

He looked down at his hands taking in the fact that his body was still glowing slightly. I giggled breathily at the perplexity he held about the glow. Silently he looked down at me with a content grin, before he ran the back on his fingers down my cheek.

The glow on my face flushed. "Hi", I said softly with a small stretch. He leaned forward and laid his head on my chest as I ran my fingers through his lengthening locks.

After a few minutes, he kissed me before he stood up. He scooped me into his arms and I giggled as he carried me out of the room and into the wash room. The sound of water was coming from the basin being filled with steamy water. He gently leaned over and set me into the warm pool and kissed my forehead before I confusedly watch him disappear. I laid back steamy in the water, the heat relaxing my fatigued muscles.