[ 036 ]

[ 036 - Don't Be A Piss Baby ]
( Word Count - 1146 )
- Written on September 20th 2021 -
• Unedited Because I'm Skipping Therapy :D •

The car moves down the busy street with music blaring from the speakers that are connected to Boomer's phone. My hand travels out the window and the cool early morning wind blows my dirty blond hair behind me and I can't help but feel content. Boomer starts humming lightly along to the song as it switches and I tilt my head onto my shoulder so I can look at him with a small smile across my face. I watch as the colors from traffic and lights shine across his face and after a few minutes he reaches over with his free hand and takes mine before going back to driving and humming along.

"Can we get food?" I ask with a small giggle as we pull up to a road. I can see that the road ahead of us is lined with different restaurant chains up and down the different sides. It's honestly amazing how many restaurants are built by one road but then again they compete for customers that way I suppose. Boomer glances at me as we come to a stop at a light.

"You just got here," He says, leaning back in his seat with an amused grin across his face which I return playfully. "And you want food." Boomer says and I nod once as cars drive past us, going on the other side of the busy street as they head towards the airport which he had just picked me up from.

"Yes." I tell him with a playful grin which makes him raise his eyebrows. I stretch slightly and see him roll my eyes at how blunt I had been about wanting food. It's not exactly like airport food is the best food out there. "I'm not going to lie to you, I'm hungry." I giggle and he shakes his head lightly with a grin appearing on his face again as his eyes travel from the red light then back towards me.

"You have the literal mindset of a toddler." He tells me and I bring my legs to my chest with a grin across my face still. I'm dressed in comfy clothes which consists of a pair of sweatpants that cuff around my jeans and an oversized shirt that tucks in. In other words I look sexy as fuck as usual because hell yeah.

"I have the mindset of the best toddler." I say with a bright grin because it's honestly the truth with my sense of humor and how I speak and I'm not going to hide from it. I glance over at him to see he is laughing a little, the cars still going on the other side of the road as the light is still red for us. "Can we get chicken nuggets now?" I ask and he stares at me for a second before rolling his eyes and turning on his right blinker with a small sigh. "See," I point out happily, watching as the light turned yellow for the other side of the road before red and then turning green for us. "You love me." I grin and he laughs again.

"For some reason," Boomer says as we turn into the McDonald's drive through. It's way to early to be getting out of the car but surely they have fries or chicken nuggets. I stare at him in upmost betrayal and see a grin appear on his face as I do so.

"That's just rude." I tell him dramatically and he laughs before we look at the menu. After ten or so minutes of us going back and forwards over what we want to eat and waiting for whoever was at the other side of the machine to realize that we had pulled up, Boomer goes through and orders the food. I tell him that I would pay but he tells me no once we reach the first window, passing the clearly exhausted college kid his card to pay before going to the next window to get our actual food.

The smell of the food quickly fills the car as soon as Boomer hands me the paper bag and I reach in the grab the fries. I grin happily when I see that they are burning hot, crispy and salted properly because some McDonalds have a talent for fucking up their fries. I dance in my seat along to the music as I eat the fries and Boomer glances over at me as he pulls out of the parking lot.

"Why are you dancing?" Boomer asks with a small laugh and I make a small face in his direction before shoving another fry into my mouth. I continue to dance a little as he pulls onto the main road again, continuing back on our journey to his house again.

"Why aren't you dancing?" I challenge him and he raises his eyebrows a little. I take the thing out of the bag which is holding the fries and hold it out so he can take some which he does happily. "Im doing a little dancy dance." I tell him with a giggle as I put the fries in the center console, grabbing my chicken nuggets so I can eat them which leaves his burgers in the bag by themselves.

"You're doing a little dancy dance." Boomer repeats before taking another fry, clearly amused by my little dance and I shoot him a joking glare. He grins putting his eyes back on the road as I shove another chicken nugget into my mouth happily, listening to radio as we drive through the night.

"I love food." I tell Boomer with a grin after a few minutes of us eating in happy silence and he laughs.

"More then me?" He asks his blue eyes traveling from the road then to me before going back to the road again. I roll my eyes lightly when he places his hand on my thigh again before I take another bite from my chicken nugget happily.

"Mmm," I hum a little and he glances over at me as I think about which of the two I like better. It's the food or him and he seems to watch as my find runs even though it's much to early for this. "I don't know, the chicken nuggets are putting up a good argument." I tell him and he rolls his eyes looking back at the road and shaking his head in joking disbelief.

"I'm never buying you food again," Boomer says jealously and I roll my eyes but laugh nonetheless at how he was getting jealous over my food.I move so I can hold his hand in mine and interlock our fingers as he tightens his grip with a grin across his face.