[ 022 ]

[ 022 - Just Chatting ]
( Word Count - 1216 )
- Written on August 21st 2021 -
• Unedited Because I'm On Vacation •

"I don't know what to stream," I sigh a little as I hear Boomer enter the living room. It's been a week or so since he has gotten here and we have done almost everything that I could think of that is located around my flat. I hear him laugh a little before sitting down next to me on the sofa so I lean into his touch.

"Uh," Boomer says under his breath, sounding a little breathless and I up at him. He's dressed in grey sweatpants and a black t-shirt which makes it so his eyes pop out even more then they usually do. He tilts his head to the side slightly and takes my hand in his, tracing the lines on my palms with his long fingers almost lazily. "We could play something scary?" He suggests with a grin across his face but I see right through his act.

"No," I shake my head slightly and he fakes a frown, dropping my hand from his grip. Instead he draws shapes on my exposed thighs as he rests his head on mine. The feeling is foreign and I watch as he draws small circles with his thumbs before I look back at him.

"Why not?" Boomer asks with a small chuckle escaping his lips and I shake my head no at the question because he isn't going to change my mind. I wiggle a little in my spot as he lightly squeezes my thigh, causing another chuckle to leave his mouth so I shoot him a small glare. "It's not my fault you get scared so easily," He says with a small shrug and I roll my eyes, taking his hand in mine and I hold my hand to his palm. They are so much larger then my own and he closes his hand around mine, locking out fingers together.

"How about It Takes Two?" I ask him with a small tilt of my head before I pull away from his touch, getting to my feet. His touch feels like it lingers on my skin but he lets go of me so I can cross the room.

"I think it's supposed to be sad." Boomer points out to me and I shoot a look over my shoulder at him because I don't want to be told that. If I know it's going to be sad then I am going to force myself not to get attached to any of the characters even though I absolutely will. "But I'm not sure." He adds to make me feel better about it and I shoot him another look.

"Maybe, I'll think about it." I say as I move to grab a hoodie off of the sofa. I look back at him again and see him staring at me with an amused grin across his face so I raise my hand and flip him off which makes him laugh. "I hate you," I tell him and glance into my cup, pulling on the bottom of the hoodie which is already so big on me. There is a second of comfortable silence between the two of us and I check my phone quickly.

"You're pretty," Boomer says and I look up at him to see his eyes are locked on me. I feel my face blush pink again and he grins brightly. My heart flutters in my chest and I smile as I stare at my phone again with a small happy hum.

"I'm," My eyes move to the time and I see that it is a reasonable time to start streaming. A little earlier then I usually do but bit extremely out of the way. Plus I'm sure that my audience won't mind if I go live a little early. "Going to go start my stream up." I tell him with a small shrug and he nods a little in response.

"Yeah," He says, getting to his feet and coming in my direction before I even move. He stands close to me and we are only a few inches away from each other when he stops. "I'll be right there." Boomer grins as he reaches behind me to grab the mug he had been drinking from and I watch as he steps away, walking into my kitchen as my heart raced in my chest. Close, we were very close. "Oh," He pops his head out of the kitchen again and looks at me in the hall where I am trying to regain my composure in peace. "Nice hoodie." He comments before disappearing into the kitchen again.

"What?" I ask him with a small scoff, looking down at the hoodie to see some symbol on it. I hadn't thought twice about it but the hoodie is one that Boomer has worn a lot before. I feel my face flush even more pink then before but stare at it for a second. "Yeah," I say softly under my breath before making my way across the room again and into my room.

I start up my stream, welcoming my chat and thanking everyone before talking to them. I try to find a game to play with them or to play with just Boomer but no one can agree. And even when most people agree on a game it's either scary or doesn't have good reviews on Steam which is more then sad. I swing my feet under my desk as I look over Little Nightmares again because it looks fun but it's only meant to be played by one person so I might play that on a future stream when Boomer isn't here. I only look up when Boomer walks into my room and sits down in the extra seat next to me, placing his hand carelessly on my thigh.

"Hi chat," Boomer greets the thousands of people who are watching and waves a little at the camera which is on. I grin a little when I see the chat speeding up a little when he joins, clearly happy that we are streaming together again. "We could always do a just chatting stream." He suggests and I look over at him, rolling my eyes slightly because I have already gone over that option.

"Of course you would want to do that," I scoff because chat has already tried to talk to me about doing a just chatting stream where I go and answer questions or whatever. They also want Boomer to answer questions since he is now living with me for the next week.

"Of course," He teases me and I lean against his body. The chat speeds up and I laugh a little under my breath, pulling my knees up to my chest. "Chat," Boomer laughs, trying to push me away but I drop all of my weight onto him. "Look how clingy she is." He points out and my jaw drops slightly as I pull away to glare at him.

"I am not clingy." I shoot back, making a face and he only laughs a little before throwing his arms back around me lazily. We mess around for a couple more minutes before we agree on doing a You Laugh You Lose stream.