🤎|acne|🤎

^kay but why is this so satisfying-

anyway, wrote this bc my skin got rlly bad overnight wtf.

but a little pre-note: never be insecure about your acne! it took me a long time to realise and im still working on it but you dont need clear skin to be beautiful!<3

~🤎~

I hated having acne. Absolutely hated it. It made me feel so conscious of my face, as if I had to cover it in makeup in order to feel pretty. I always savoured the times when my skin was clear for once, when I didn't have to worry about covering up my blemishes and I actually felt confident.

But of course, those moments can't last forever I suppose, which is why I especially hate the times when my skin would break out and I'd be covered in nothing but red bumps that are too painful to squeeze yet.

Nothing I do helps. I wash my face 3 times a day, I always moisturise and complete my skincare routine every single night, so the reason why my skin ends up so terrible, I have no idea. That's probably the most frustrating part of this all.

Meanwhile, all Aidan has to do is wash his face in the shower and his skin couldn't be clearer. I think that's why I especially get insecure around him. I mean, I love him, and I know he loves me, but it's not as if he goes through the same thing too. It's not like he can relate to what it's like to have acne. I don't think he's even gotten a pimple before.

Anyways, my skin was pretty good at the moment, even though I knew it wasn't going to last long. I was dreading the day where I wake up and find another break out.

~🤎~

I sighed in bliss as I was waking up to the feeling of Aidan spooning closely behind me, his breath lightly hitting my neck.

I rubbed my eyes that were slowly opening, then looked around Aidan's room and smiled softly. I smiled even wider when I turned my head back a little, and could see Aidan's arm firmly gripping on to my waist, and to see that he was still sleeping heavily.

I turned my head back to it's original position, yawning and scratching a place on my cheek, when I felt the familiar bumps that I hated so much.

I felt around my face more, only to be met with the realisation that my acne had massively made an unwanted return.

I managed to gently ply Aidan's arm off of my waist without waking him, then slipped out of bed and covered him with the covers more. Sometimes I am really thankful that he's a heavy sleeper.

I soon rushed off into the bathroom, closing the door behind me and looking straight into the mirror with disappointment. I sighed and turned my face at different angles to see the amount of acne that had appeared.

God, why did there have to be so many?! And why now of all times?!

I tried to pop some, hoping that it would make somewhat of a difference, but who am I kidding.

My eyes widened and I hid my face down when I heard the bathroom door open.
"y/n? Why are you up so early?" Aidan grogged out in his morning voice.
"Oh it's nothing love. Don't worry," I told him, refusing to turn around and face him.

"You okay? What's the matter?" He asked worriedly.
"Nothing Aidan, I'm fine!" I snapped a little defensively.
"Then why haven't you turned around yet?"

I exhaled in defeat.
"It's just my acne playing up again," I said meekly, being as quiet as possible.
"Okay? And?" He questioned, gently grabbing onto my arm and turning me
around to face him. He took a step closer to me and placed his hand on my cheek, not bothering to notice that it was covered in bumps.

"It's gross," I said, avoiding eye contact.
"No it's not, it's beautiful," He replied, sounding wide awake now. I glanced at him to still see he had his worried expression on his face.

"You're just saying that," I scoffed, looking down.
"No I'm not y/n, why would you think that? Look, I don't care whether you have clear skin or not, you'll always be beautiful to me. And besides, I think it looks cute on you," He told me, putting his hand under my jaw to lift my head up and lock eye contact with him. 

The smallest smile gradually formed upon my face as his words went on and on. He really does know the kind of stuff I need to hear whenever I feel like this.

"Now don't let me hear you talking about yourself like that again, alright? Otherwise you'll be in trouble," He said, smiling teasingly at the last sentence. I chuckled along with him and nodded lightly.

He smiled deeply into my eyes, rubbing his thumb up and down my cheek. He leaned in and placed the softest kiss on my lips, then leaned his forehead against mime when he pulled away.

"Come on, let's go back to bed," He said in a croaky voice, making me giggle when he suddenly picked me up by my waist and carried me back to bed, throwing the warm sheets over us.

While we were cuddling and I was about to fall asleep, I felt him gently placing kisses all over my face, more specifically, the places where my acne was the worst.

~🤎~

must be nice having an actual person to boost your self esteem up like this instead of having to rely on FANFICTIONS.

im running out of pictures of me so here's wallace

🐌🦋🍰🧸🐛
smh theres still cake leftover from aidans birthday

isnt the moon beautiful tonight;)

-Liv/Mama Steve🦶‼️