⛈|𝘁𝗵𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗺𝘀|⛈

~⛈~

~⛈~

I didn't like thunderstorms at all.

In fact, I hated them more than anything.

I hated how loud and chaotic each thunder clap is, how much harsher and harder the rain fell, and especially how scary every lightning strike is.

So you can imagine my fear when I heard a sudden thunder rumble in the middle of the night whilst I was trying to fall asleep.

I instantly froze up and felt fear wash over my completely.

I swallowed a dry lump in my throat, and felt goosebumps prick up all over my arms and legs.

I flinched, and let out a small, quiet yelp when I heard another thunder clap.

I looked over at Aidan, and he was still sleeping soundly with his back facing towards me.

The sound of lightning struck loudly, and I immediately got closer to Aidan and nuzzled my head against his back.

It was freezing on my side of the bed, so I tried to get as close to Aidan as I could without waking him.

I mean, yes I really wanted him to cradle and cuddle me, but I also didn't want to bother him, cuz I know how much he loves his sleep.

I couldn't seem to stop my breathing getting deeper and quicker as I tried to hide into Aidan's back.

However, he must have noticed this (even though he's a really deep sleeper) because I then heard him groan tiredly and turn around slightly.

"You okay bubs?" He asked in a tired, raspy voice.

I gently shook my head whilst still hiding it into the pillow. He turned aroud fully now.
"Why what's wrong? Did you have a nightmare?" He asked sweetly whilst brushing the hair out my face.

I shook my head again.
"I don't like the thunder," I mumbled into the pillow.

"Aww it's okay bubs, I'm right here," He said in a soft voice while pulling my head against his chest and wrapping his arms around me.

I clung onto him for dear life, with my legs wrapped around his like a koala.

"Why didn't you wake me up and tell me sooner?" Aidan asked in a whisper, whilst fiddling with the ends of my hair.
"You just seemed so peaceful and I didn't wanna bother you," I managed to say.
"Baby, I'd rather keep you safe than sleep at all," He told me, which made me smile ever so slightly.

I felt him press a kiss to my forehead, and then cuddle me even tighter.

Another bolt of lightning struck again, followed by loud rumbling of the thunder, causing me to flinch and whimper and bury my head further into Aidan's chest.

"Shh, it's okay, I got you, you're safe with me,"
He whispered quickly into my ear, which helped calm my nerves a bit.

He cradled my head dearly, and even sang into my ear to help me focus on something else other than the thunder.

Eventually, the thunder quieted down, as did my whimpers.

When it had completely stopped, Aidan kissed my forehead and played with my hair.
"You okay now baby?"
I nodded my head gently, and he pulled back so he could look into my eyes.
"Try and get some sleep," He whispered to me. I smiled and nodded, then kissed his lips and nestled my head back into his chest.

I shut my eyes and listened to the soothing sound of Aidan's heartbeat, which lulled me into a deep, peaceful sleep.

~⛈~