🌸|𝙨𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙨|🌸

(TW: mentions of self harm and scars)

~🌸~

I was really lucky to have Aidan as my boyfriend. I had no idea how badly I needed him until I met him.

You see, I never grew up with much love and affection; all I had to deal with was pain and sorrow.

My mother died when I was 5, so my dad used alcohol as a way to deal with it I guess. So, most of the time my older brother and I didn't really hear from him, or he was beating us around. My brother did all he could to protect me, but he was only 2 years older than me, so there wasn't much he could do.

Eventually, when my brother reached the age of 10 (I was 8 at the time), he plucked up the courage to call the police on my dad.

Social workers ended up coming to our house at midnight, and took my brother and I to separate foster homes. I never got to see him again.

My dad ended up going to prison though, thank god. He still has a while before he gets out luckily.

I went through some pretty rough shit at my foster home. I got picked on at school, and I ended up getting trapped in a toxic relationship when I was 15. He never hit me or anything, but his words hurt just as much.

I was so used to pain, that it was my only resolution to things. So, I got into cutting for a while; I still have the scars on my wrists and thighs.

I managed to get out of the relationship after a pain-staking year.

At first, I was pretty nervous to tell Aidan about all this. I never really had anyone to talk to all these years, and I kind of hated opening up to people, so now that I finally had a trustworthy person that would listen, I didn't know how to react.

I didn't know how to react with any of his love and affection. So for the first couple of months, I just kept pushing him away and distancing myself from him. He remained patient at first, but after a while, I knew he deserved an explanation.

So we sat on the doorsteps to my house at midnight while I told him everything.

He remained silent as I told him all this, probably just because he couldn't believe it and he was trying to take it all in, which I understand.

His face looked so pale after I told him the story of my shitty life. I remember him looking at me with watery eyes, opening his mouth to say something, then staying silent as he just pulled my head against his chest for a hug.