thirty-one

| Skylar |

I was sitting up in bed, waiting for Xander to show up. He said he was going out to plan some business. In the meantime, I was on his/my laptop, looking at cute clothes for Luna, who I might add, was sleeping on her bed next to the bathroom.

We share a laptop now. I have my own account with a password I've made up, and he has his. I still can't believe that we're going to be married. Mr and Mrs. Romano. Skylar Romano. That sounds so nice, just thinking of it. I chuckle to myself when I see a doggy shirt that says 'Little Princess' with a pink crown. Luna would look cute in that.

My phone rings unexpectedly and I pick it up to see that it's Alyssa. She didn't come by the house today, said she was working on a huge project for university. I don't blame her, it sounds hard. "Hey, Aly." I say into the phone.

"Hi, Sky. Are you alright?" She asks.

"Yes, I'm alright. What about you, have you finished your project?" I asked her.

"Yes! Oh my gosh, it took me for-fucking-ever! You don't even know the half of it, Sky." She says. I chuckle at her over dramatic ness. She's so over dramatic, it's funny sometimes. "It isn't funny, Sky, I feel so horrible and tired."

I continue to chuckle. "Ah, you'll be fine, I'm sure. Trust me, you'll wake up tomorrow and feel brushed off." I tell her.

"Huh, maybe. Anyways, let's speak on the wedding." For the past ten minutes, her and I have been talking about the wedding, about Luna, about her relationship with Luca so far, you can guess it.

I'm interrupted when the door opens and Xander peeks in. He doesn't acknowledge me or anything. "Let me talk to you tomorrow, okay? I love you." I tell her and she says her good night and we hang up. "It's late. Did you eat?" I asked him.

He doesn't say or do anything. He continues to take off his clothes. I gasp when I see his white shirt covered with blood. "Don't worry, it's not mine." He says with a smirk. He walk over to me and brings his lips to mine. His hands caress my cheek and I feel liquid on his thumb. He pulls away and bite down on his bottom lip. "I'm going to go take a shower." He whispers.

I touch my cheek and see my finger marked with blood. "Xander, where were you? What were you doing?" I asked him.

"Don't start asking these questions." He groans. Luna tugs at his shoelaces. "Move, you mutt." He seethes at her.

"Don't talk to her that way!" I say to him. I pick Luna up who's now whimpering in my hold.

"She's just a dog, get over it." He rolls his eyes. He goes to walk in the bathroom. I place Luna on our bed and follow him in. "Get out." He says.

"We're going to be husband and wife, Xander. You can't talk to my dog like that. I'm not going to let you mistreat her. And what were you doing?" I asked him once again.

"Skylar, I told you to shut the fuck up!" He yells. "Don't piss me off more than I already am!"

"You don't have to yell at me." I say to him. I sigh.

"Then, stop being so annoying. Seriously, don't ask no damn questions." He seethes.

"How do you want a kid if this is how you treat me and my dog?" I ask. He pauses, it's gotten to him. He turns around. His eyes dark, not the usual hazel green I see.

"What are you trying to say?" He walks to me. "Like I'm going to be a bad father?" I shake my head. "You're trying to compare me to my dad, is that it?" He grabs my shoulders harshly, pulling me to him.

"No, Xander, I'm not." I say softly. "Please let go, you're hurting me."

"Then what are you trying to say, huh?" He pushes me against the door, his hard grip still on my shoulders.

"Y-You're hurting me." I say more louder. Tears fill my eyes.

He starts yelling more louder and I start to cry. He stops when Luna starts barking. "Shut that dog up and go to sleep." He seethes at me. "And don't ever compare me to that asshole again." He lets my shoulders go and I walk out of the bathroom. I start to sob. I press my back against the wall and slid down to the floor.

I hear Luna's whimpers as she walks to me. I remove my hands from my face, looking at her. She licks my face, making a slight chuckle slip out of me. "I'm so glad I have you." I tell her and kiss her soft fur. I grab her bed and pick her up. I grabbed my phone in my other hand. I walked out of the room. There's no way I can sleep in this room right now.

I go to Alessandro's door. I knocked softly. The door opens gently and Luna starts running in circles. She runs to his feet and jumps on him. "Hey, Luna." He says and picks her up, petting her fur. "Sky, what's going on? Have you been crying?" I nodded. He sighs, like he already knows. "Come on." He says.

I step in and place Luna's bed beside the bathroom, I placed her pee pad inside just in case she needs to pee. She's already been outside, though, so I don't think that'll be an issue. "Xander and I had a fight, I'm sure it'll be fine but I don't know."

"Well, what happened?" He asked. I explained everything. He sighs. "I'm not blaming you, at all, but do you know who his father is? Do you know what type of father he was?"

"But, I didn't compare him. I was making a point. He wants to have a child, he can't just yell, scream and hurt me." I say, tears filling my eyes. "I know that his dad was a bad person so I would never compare him to Xander. I love him but I can't. He can't keep doing this to me. And the way he treats Luna is horrible." I say.

"He loves Luna, Skylar." He says. "Literally, when you aren't here, he takes her for walks. He cuddles with her on the couch. He's not a fan of animals but he loves that dog." He tells me. He places his hand on my knee. "But everything is going to be alright. I'm sure of it." He tells me. I nodded. "Get some rest, I have some work to get done so I'll try not to be as loud." He says.

I lay on the foot of the bed. Luna walks straight to hers and falls asleep quickly. I think of Xander. I check my phone to see if he's sent me a text message. An apology, a chance to talk, anything. But it's empty. I sigh and close my eyes, falling to sleep.

~

It was breakfast time. I was, as always, helping Kristen in the kitchen. "What's going on, figlia?" She asks. "You're so quiet. What is it?" She caresses my shoulder.

"Xander and I just had an argument yesterday. It's fine, I'm fine." I tell her.

After about an hour, everything was set. Luna was eating and we were all sitting at the table, enjoying breakfast. All, except for Xander. "Where's my idiot brother?" Lucia asks. "Skylar, are you guys okay? He's normally down here in time."

"We're fine." I tell her. I look at Sandro. He's the only one who knows about me and Xander's fight, he nods. I smile. I see Luna running around in circles. That could only mean one thing. I look and see Xander walking downstairs.

Luna runs to him and jumps on his knees. He sighs. "Good morning to you, Luna." He says. He picks her up and pets her fur. Just last night, he hated her. What changed? "Sorry I'm late, up late last night." He says.

"Good morning, brother." Lucia greets with a smile.

"Good morning to you, as well, sorella." He says. He walks past me, not saying anything. He sits beside Luca instead of me. I just sigh and continue to enjoy my breakfast.

"Skylar, why don't you come with me to run some quick errands?" Alessandro asks. "You can bring Luna along if you wish too as well." He says.

I smile. "I would like to. Thank you." I say. He nods. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Xander glaring at Alessandro. It's as if he doesn't want him to take me out with him. I hold in my scoff. He has no reason to be mad after how he treated me.

~~
Hey guys! How are you doing today? Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Stay tuned for the next chapter! Comment your thoughts and vote! Thanks for reading! Love ya 💕