six

|Skylar|

Xander wasn't back home from his business thing. I wanna know what he does. Luca and Sandro are home but said that Xander needed to take care of something. I felt extremely hungry after my shower. I walked in the kitchen and looked through the refrigerator. I saw a bowl of strawberries and decided to help myself.

Luca walks downstairs. He chuckles. "What are you up to?" He asks. He takes a strawberry from the bowl and snack on it.

"I was hungry." I say. He nods. "Luca, what work do you guys do?" I ask him.

He chuckles. "I'd have to let Xander explain it to you. He'll tell you. Just be patient." He tells me.

I nod my head. "Okay." I say. He takes another strawberry and walks back upstairs. Leaving me by myself.

I was downstairs, drawing in my sketch book that Xander had gotten me. I used to draw a lot when I was younger. Sometimes when my parents beat me mercilessly, I would gather up the strength and draw. Art seemed to be my getaway. I love it.

I walked back to the dining room table. I want to draw that flower that Kristen showed me yesterday. It was kinda dark outside but it'll only be for a minute. I snuck to the back door and walked out to the garden. I could still see the beautiful flowers.

I smile as I carefully sketch every detail. I finally finished my flower sketch. I know Kristen will be proud to see this. I hear a booming voice from inside the house. What's going on? I grabbed my book and opened the back door, walking into the kitchen.

Xander was yelling at Luca. Luca yelled back at him. What's going on? What made me gasp was when Xander threw a punch at Luca's face. I ran to Luca and helped him off of the floor. "Are you okay?" I ask him.

He wiped his nose which was bloody. "Yeah, Sky. I'm fine." He says. He gives me a smile in reassurance.

"Why would you do that?" I ask Xander. I look up at him and he looks angry. "What's wrong?" I ask him. I go to hug him but he grabs my arms and pushed me off. "What's wrong?" I ask once more.

"Where the hell were you?" He asks, his facial expression was anger and all anger. I gasp. "Hm? Where were you, Skylar?" He walks closer to me. I backed up.

Luca intervenes, or try to intervene. "Xander, I'm sure she_"

"Shut the fuck up, Luc." He growls, still staring at me. His attention was on me again. "You tried to run? Hmm? Where were you, Skylar? I thought I was clear on what my rules were." He growls.

"I-I was i-in the garden, Xander. I-I didn't run off." I tell him. I try to grab his hand but he harshly pulled it away.

"Lies." He growls.

"Xander_" I try to speak with him. I held up my sketch book.

He takes it out of my hand and throws it on the floor. I scramble to pick it up. "Shut up!" He scolds. I back up, feeling scared of what he was gonna do to me. "Go upstairs to the room. I don't wanna see your face."

"Please, I-I didn't_"

"Go!" He screams. I cry once I reach upstairs into his room. Why is he so mad at me?

I don't think I did anything wrong. I just was just drawing. He gave me it for a reason. Luca walks in. "You alright?" He asks me. I nodded. "He's not mad at you. He's mad at something or somebody else. Don't take it personal." He says.

"I'm sorry." I say. "He hit you because of me and I feel really bad." I tell him. Tears fall out of my eyes again. He pulls me into his chest and hugs me.

"Don't worry about it." He says. "This wasn't the first time he's punched me." He tells me. I nod. The door opens.

"What the fuck are you two doing?" I hear Xander's voice behind us. I pull away from Luca's chest and stares at an angry Xander.

"Just comforting her after you were being an asshole to her." Luca says the last part under his breath. I tapped his shoulder. He turns and I shake my head. I don't want them two fighting again. "Sorry." He says to me.

"Dinner is ready." Xander said. He harshly glares at me.

"I-I'm not hungry." I say.

"I didn't ask." He replies. I hold my head down. "Leave, Luca." He says. Luca gives me one last look of pity and leaves the room. Xander stalks towards me. He glares at me for a couple of seconds and just leaves.

After a few minutes, I walked downstairs. Everybody was eating and conversing among themselves. I walked to the table and sat between Lucia and Alessandro. I didn't wanna sit next to him knowing he's mad at me. "Hey, Sky." Lucia says, noticing me.

"Hi." I say softly. Kristen places my dish in front of me. It was some type of pasta with chicken and broccoli. "Thank you." I say and she smiles. I slowly ate.

"Sky, is everything alright?" Alessandro asks me, nudging my shoulder. He probably noticed how quiet I was being.

I nod. "I'm fine." I say.

He sighs. "Trust me, he's not mad at you. He's mad at something else, I'm not sure what, but it's not you." He tells me. "Okay?" I nod my head. He smiles and goes back to eating.

We were all done eating soon. I volunteered to help Kristen and the other maids with the kitchen. I actually love cleaning. When my parents forced me at 7, I hated it because I didn't know what I was doing. But soon, I found a love for it.

"Thank you, dear." Kristen says, wiping her hands on a towel. I nodded and smiled and she and the rest of the maids walked down to their room. I opened the pantry door and took 6 Oreos and placed them on a napkin. I turned off the kitchen light and walked upstairs.

I walked in Xander's room. I hear the shower on so he's probably taking a shower. I've already showered for the night. I was wearing a t-shirt and pajama pants. I sat down on the bed and grabbed the remote. I turned the television on and switched to Netflix. I ate my Oreos while watching tv.

The bathroom door opens. I look up and Xander comes out. He looks more calmer. His hair was damp and he had on no shirt and gym shorts on. I take my attention on him and back to the television. By the time the episode finished, I was done with my Oreos. I threw the napkin in the trash can beside me.

Xander turned the lights off. I laid down, facing away from him. I feel the bed dip and hear him sigh. I frown. I don't like this one bit. I turned around. His eyes were closed but I know he wasn't sleeping. I sigh.

"You forgot to say good night. Our good night kiss." I say.

He sighs. His eyes were still closed. "Good night, Skylar." He says. I smile softly and kissed his lips. "There, now go to sleep."

"Luca and Sandro told me that you were mad at something else. Not really me." I say. "Is that true?"

"Skylar, I don't care. Shut it and go to sleep." He says more irritably.

Tears fill my eyes. I sniff. "I'm sorry." I say. "I-I just wanted to draw the pretty flower Kristen showed me yesterday. I didn't mean to make you mad." I said. He doesn't say anything but sighs heavily again. I held my head down. "I'll go." I said.

I got up and left the room. I walked into the guest room that I slept in before. I laid down and closed my eyes. Tears fall down. I feel lonely. I wanted Xander to just forgive me and hold me. I guess he hates me now.

Minutes pass. The door opens. Footsteps walk towards me. I get picked up bridal style. Xander looks down at me as he carries me back to his room. He lays me down on the bed. I feel so confused right now. He was mad at me.

He pulls me on top of him and rubs my back softly. "I'm sorry for ignoring you and being harsh, mi amore." He says. "Don't leave me again. Okay?" (My love)

"Okay." I say softly. He rubs my back. I feel a kiss being placed upon my head.

"Go to sleep, baby." He says. I close my eyes and soon I fall asleep.

~•~
Hey readers! How was your day today? Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Stay tuned for the next chapter! Comment your thoughts and vote! Thanks for reading!