ten

|Skylar|

"He doesn't even talk to me anymore. I didn't do anything wrong." I confessed to Kristen. I was helping her do the dishes after dinner when she had asked about Xander and I. Everything has been going downhill for us.

After last week, he hasn't spoken one word to me. He just do head gestures and looks. It makes me feel bad. Lucia is not attending university because there's a break so I spend all my time with her. He waits until I sleep to walk in his room. Sometimes I don't even know if he wants me in his presence.

- Flashback -

I was sitting in Lucia's room, letting her braid my hair. I feel sad. Xander doesn't even acknowledge me. She notices. "What's wrong, Sky?" She asked. Tears fall down my eyes

"Xander's just not talking to me. That's all." I told her. She frowns and hugs me. I hug her back. "It just sucks." I tell her and she nods.

"I've spoken with him. I'm not sure why he's still acting like an ass." She says. "Don't worry. Everything will be okay tomorrow. I'm sure of it." She says and I nod. She smiles and I smiled back and continued with my hair.

- Flashback Ends -

We finished and I hugged Kristen and she gave me a word of advice. I thanked her and walked upstairs. I walked into Xander's room and he was there. He had glasses on and was on his laptop. I assume working. "I-I thought you were gonna stay out." I said.

"It's my house, meaning I can go wherever I like whenever I like." He says. It's the first time he's spoken to me in a week.

I didn't say anything else and walked into the bathroom. I took a shower, brushed my teeth, washed my face and placed my hair in a braid so it's not tangly in the morning. Lucia gave me that tip. I walked back in the room, Xander was facing the wall. I sighed and get into bed with him.

I hate how he's ignoring me. I don't know what happened but I hope it ends soon. "Xander, why are you ignoring me?" I asked him. I really wanna know. "Did I do something wrong? Was the kiss bad? What is it?"

He sighs. "Stop telling my family everything that goes on with me and you." He tells me, ignoring my question. "They have no business to question me about what's going on. So stop telling them."

"T-They're my family too." I tell him. "And I just want someone to talk to since my so called 'protector' refuses to." I say with an attitude. I really just repeated what Lucia said when she was doing my hair.

He turns around quickly and grips my wrist. I whimper. "You don't talk to me like that. Do you understand?" He growls. I nod my head. "They're not your family. They never have been and probably never will be. You're family are those animals on Livington Dr., well one of them's dead so." I gasped. "That's your family." He sneers. Tears fall down my eyes.

He knows how I get when my parents are brought up. Why would he do that? One of them's dead? I didn't like nor love my parents but the fact that one of them is dead gets to me. He lays back down and faces away from me. I can't be in his presence right now.

I ran out of the room. I leaned against the balcony, crying silently. A door opened. "Skylar?" I turn and Sandro looks at me worriedly. "What's wrong, Sky?" I don't answer. I just ran to him, hugging him. He hugs me back.

He calms me down and walks me inside his room. He sits me down on his bed. He gives me a bottle of water which I drank out of to calm me down. He asked what had happened once again. I just shook my head. "I-I'm tired." I whisper.

"Okay. You can sleep in here if you want." He says and I nodded. I laid down on the other side of the bed, facing the wall. There's a knock on his door.

"Tell him I'm asleep." I whisper to Sandro. I look back and he nods and walks to open the door. I closed my eyes and slowed my breathing down a bit to make it seem realistic.

"Is she in here?" I hear Xander ask.

"She's sleeping." Sandro tells him. "What's going on?" He asked.

"I'm a fucked up person, alright?" Xander says frustratingly. "Just let her know I'm sorry. And I would like to talk to her tomorrow." He says. Sandro comes back in the room.

"You heard all of that?" He asks me. I nodded. "Are you going to?" He asked.

"I don't know." I say. I yawned and closed my eyes, going to sleep.

~

It was the next day. I don't wanna see or talk to Xander. Lucia told me she was gonna take me to the mall. I've never been to a mall before. I can't imagine what it'll look like. I don't think she told Xander but I don't care, either.

We were in a car with some man named Taylor driving us. I'm guessing he's our guard. Whatever business Xander does, he needs a guard. I don't know what it is but I hope it's nothing dangerous. We pulled up in front of a huge building. I gasped. This is what a mall looks like.

"Thank you, Taylor." I say to the driver. He smiles and nods his head.

"Non ho il permesso di farvi entrare da soli, quindi devo stare con voi." He tells Lucia. (I'm not allowed to let you two go in by yourselves so I have to be with you)

"Okay. That's fine." Lucia says. She turns to me. "Let's go!" She squeals. We got out of the car. Taylor trails behind us. "He's our bodyguard for the day." Lucia told me when I asked and she nodded.

~

I had a lot of fun with Lucia. She got me tons of clothes and lotion and body spray. There are so many stores in the mall, I couldn't even choose. But we managed to get some things. We then stopped by a food court and had ice cream and food from a restaurant called McDonald's. It was honestly so delicious.

Taylor drove us back to the house. I sighed, knowing I was gonna face him. My mood is better but I'm still upset by his choices of words. We pull up and I thank Taylor before getting out. We walked inside the house. Luca and Sandro looks at us.

"Oh, grazie a Dio stai bene." Luca says. He walks up and hug the both of us. I'm so confused right now. (Oh, thank God you're okay)

"Where were you guys?" Sandro walks up to us. He looks relieved as well but anger is in his tone.

"We went to the mall." I say. "I got you guys something." I pulled out the two watches I bought for them. His glare softens and he takes it. He hugs me.

"Can you let somebody know before you take her anywhere?" Sandro turns to Lucia who rolled her eyes. "We were so worried." He pulls away. I flinch, hearing stuff getting thrown. Xander.

Luca goes to go to him. "No. I got it." I said and he nods. I gave him his watch I got him. He smiles and kisses my forehead. I walked upstairs and I press my head to the door, hearing stuff being thrown. I opened the door. "Xander?"

He turns to look at me. I walk in and close the door. He walks to me. He grabs my face in his hands and kissed my lips. I set my bag down and placed my hands on his elbows. He pulls away from my lips and roughly kisses my neck. I moan softly, loving his dominance.

He pulls away and look me in my eyes. "Oh, my tesoro." He pulls me in his chest, hugging me. "I thought something happened to you. I'm so sorry for the way I've been acting. So fucking sorry, baby." He says. He pulls away. "Where did you go?"

"I went to the mall with Lucia. Don't be mad at her." I said. "I sorta lied and told her you already gave permission." I admitted. He chuckles. "Are you not mad?" I ask.

"I'm just glad you're okay. I was going crazy up here." He says. He picks up his phone and dial a number. "Lei è qui. Di' agli uomini di fare marcia indietro." He says and hangs up. (She's here. Tell the men to back down)

I smile once he turns back to me. "I got a lot of stuff and I got you something." I tell him.

He chuckles. "Show me, then." He says and I smile.

~•~
Hey readers! How are you feeling today? Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Stay tuned for the next chapter! Comment your thoughts and vote! Thanks for reading!