eleven

|Skylar|

"Mom, please don't!" I begged as my mother stood over me with a belt in her hand. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, please." Tears stream down my eyes as I shake uncontrollably.

She brings her hand down, causing the belt to lash me. I let out a scream. "This is for being worthless!" Another lash. "This is for being an unwanted piece of shit!"

"I'm sorry!" I scream, as if that's gonna do anything. "Mom, stop. I'm your daughter, please stop. I don't mean to. I'm sorry." I cry. She lashes me a few more then let's me go.

"I wish you weren't even here. Fuck your birthday." She spits. Yeah, I'm 15 today. "I wish I would have swallowed you. I should've aborted you. I never wanted you." She says and leaves my room. I cry, repeating my mother's words in my head.

I crawl until I reach my bed. I feel my hand to see if I can find it. Yes. I held it in front of me. A picture I drew when I was 9. It was a picture of a giraffe. My favorite animal. I bowed my head and decided to say a prayer.

"God, I know you're watching me right now. Please get me out of here. I don't think I can last another minute in here. I've never done anything wrong. I've never hurt anybody. Why does my parents hate me, God? Why am I so unloved and unwanted? Please just help me tonight. I can't take any more bearings. Amen." I said quietly.

I laid down on my bed and cried. Maybe I also wish my mom had aborted me. Maybe I wouldn't be this miserable. I would be in heaven, living peacefully. Why is this happening to me?

I feel someone shake my shoulders. I open my eyes and Xander is looking over me. I didn't realize I was crying until I wiped my eyes. "Sky, look at me." He says. I sob. "Oh, baby." He pulls me on top of him and hugs me.

"I-I'm so u-unwanted. M-My mom should've a-aborted m-me. N-No one c-cares for m-me." I cry on his chest. He whispers sweet nothings to me while rubbing my back.

I take a few minutes to catch my breath and calm myself down. I take deep breaths in and out. He continues to rub my back. "I'm sorry that you had a nightmare, Angel. But you're not the things your parents said."

"I'm not?" I look up at him.

"Of course not. You're so perfect and kind. You make everybody here smile. You light up a room. You and I are such opposites. It's kinda strange. I want you here. Everybody wants you here. Everybody cares for you here." He tells me. "Alright? Don't ever say that stuff about yourself again." I nodded my head.

"Thank you, Xander. You're my savior." I smile and kissed his jaw. We were both up and I'm not sure when or how we'll go to sleep soon. He turns on the television for me. He plays a show I'm currently watching called The Good Doctor. Lucia introduced me to it.

I yawned by the time we had watched 5 episodes. "I'm kinda tired now." I said. He turns the television off and re-positions me on his chest. "Good night, Xander." I say.

"Good night, mi amore." He says and I smile. He kisses my head and I closed my eyes and soon fell back to sleep.

~

I told Kristen about my nightmare last night. She looks at me sadly and pulls me to her. She embraces me in a loving hug. "Sei speciale, bambina mia." She tells me. "Don't ever let your past define you, my dearest. (You're special, my child)

"Thank you, Mom. I'm so grateful for you." I tell her. Honestly if I didn't have Kristen in my life, I wouldn't know half of the stuff I know now.

"Of course, my dear." She tells me and place a sweet kiss on my cheek. "Ok, go on. I'm going on my break now." She tells me and I nodded. I walked out of the kitchen and back upstairs. There was some men here. They all stared at me. Feeling shy, I avoided their gazes on me.

I bumped into a hard chest and I looked up to see one of the men. "My apologies." I said.

"Mi scusi, signora." He says and I nodded and continued walking. (Excuse me, miss)

I knocked on Lucia's door and here her response. I opened the door and she was sitting on her bed on her phone. "Hey, Skylar. Come in." I walked in and plopped on her bed.

"Who are all those people in the hallway?" I whispered. I'm not really sure why.

"Those are Xander's men. His workers, is the more appropriate word." She tells me. Xander has recently told me his job. But, why does a mafia boss need this many men. I'll never get it. "You hungry? I'm kinda hungry."

"Yeah, I'm a bit hungry." I tell her. "The maids are on their break so." I say and she nods.

"Want some McDonald's?" She asks and I nodded. McDonald's is one of my favorite things to eat. She grabs my hand and we walked downstairs and outside. We saw Taylor standing outside. "Taylor, come here for a minute." She calls.

"What is it, ladies? He asks.

"We want some McDonald's." She tells him. "Could you get me a chicken sandwich, along with a medium fry and maybe a lemonade. Get Skylar the same. And... four cookies. Maybe two of the new caramel and brownie McFlurry. I haven't tried it yet." She tells him. She handed him money.

"Girls eat too much." He mumbled.

I gasped. "Hey, that's mean. We like to eat." I say defensively and he chuckles. Taylor smiles. That's rare to see. He nods and walks in his small car and drives off. We laugh as we walk back in. Xander, Alessandro and Luca were standing in front of us.

"And what were you two sneaks doing?" Luca asks as if he was our father.

"We were hungry." I said with a shrug. "We'll share, probably." I tell them and we all laugh. Minutes passed and Taylor comes back with our food. I did end up cutting half and sharing with Luca. Xander claims that he doesn't like fast food and just ate an apple.

I ended up eating up all of the food that Taylor had gotten me. I ended up giving my second cookie to Xander and convinced him to eat which he did. He actually liked it. I felt pretty tired and wanted to take a nap.

I walked upstairs into Xander's room and he followed behind. He sits down and pulled me on his lap. He places his lips on mine, moving them more slowly instead of rough like he normally does. I place my hands on his shoulders and pulled away. He smiles and I smiled back.

"You're birthday is in two months. What would you like to do?" He asked.

I chuckled. "I'm not sure yet." I tell him and he nods. "I'll figure something out and I'll tell you." I assure him and he nods.

~•~
Hey readers! How's your day today? Hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'm running out of ideas so if you have any, just comment them, I would greatly appreciate it :)! Stay tuned for the next chapter! Comment your thoughts and vote! Thanks for reading!