fourteen

|Skylar|

Alyssa and I were humming along to the Ariana Grande song. We both are really big fans. We've actually kinda bonded over the two weeks she was here. She has a huge crush on Luca. I always tease her about it. I think they'll look cute together. And it's a good thing because Luca likes her too.

Lucia was still on her trip. She comes back in four more days. I can't wait to see her. I missed her dearly. We finished the last dish. "Thank you again, Sky for helping me with the dishes." She says. I smiled and nodded. "I'm going to the maid's quarters. See you later." She says.

"See you later." I wave as she disappears. I sigh heavily. What is there to do? Oh, I can visit Xander in his office. But he's heavily working. I groaned. I don't know what to do. Lucia would pick something out for us two to do. But she's not here. My thoughts are interrupted by loud footsteps. It's Luca.

"What are you doing?" He asked me. I shook my head and open the pantry door and grabbed a bag of potato chips. I snack on them. "Were you with Alyssa just now?" He asked me and I nodded. "She's so cute. I may ask her out." He tells me.

"You should." I tell him. He smiles. "She likes you too, I'm sure. But you have to get to know her better." I tell him and he nods. "I'm going to Xander. I barely saw him today."

"He's working, Sky." He tells me. "To let you in on a little secret, one of our warehouses got bombed so he's pretty pissed." He says. "Just try not to bother him too much today. I would hate for him to take his frustrations out on you. You're way too precious for that."

I sigh. "Okay." I tell him. I grabbed my phone and walked to the garden to feel the fresh breeze. I take a picture of a red bird I spotted and sent it to Lucia. I remember her telling me something about that bird and why she loved it so much. It was really pretty.

I gasp once I feel someone's hand upon mine. I looked beside me and see Xander staring out into the beautiful thing I call nature. I smile and leaned up to kiss his cheek. He smiles and turns to me. "Hey, my baby." He says.

"Hi." I say back. I leaned my head on his shoulder. "You disappeared all day today." I tell him. I follow up with a chuckle after so he knows that I'm joking.

"Just found something out. Got me bummed." He tells me. "I saw you out here and you give me peace so I decided to join you. Hope that's okay."

"Of course it is." I tell him. "I've missed you all day today."

"Me too." He says. The more I'm around him, the more I feel more feelings for him. I think I love him. Lucia once told me that when you love someone, you feel as though they're your whole life. You think about them all the time. That when they're not around, you feel empty. I do love him. But he can't know that. "Your birthday is tomorrow. Are you excited for it?" He asked.

"I'll be celebrating it right for the first time in almost 18 years so yes I am." I tell him. For as long as I remember, my parents hated holidays. We never celebrated any birthdays and Christmas. But now I'm in a different environment so I can know what it's like.

He chuckles. "I'm glad. It'll be fun, trust me. I can't tell you what it's gonna be because it's a surprise but you'll enjoy it a lot." He says.

I move so that I'm straddling his lap. I wrap my arms around his neck. He smiles. I chuckle before placing my lips on mine, kissing him softly. His hands go to my waist and after a bit, I pulled away. "It's getting late. We should go back inside. Did you eat anything?" I asked him.

"Nope." He says, popping the p. I roll my eyes. "Did you just roll your eyes at me, tesoro?" He says teasingly.

"You need to stop skipping your meals." I tell him seriously. "That's not healthy. Come, I'll fix you leftovers." I grab his hand and we walked back inside and in the kitchen.