Chapter 6. Little Secrets

She cleared the table even when he told her someone comes in the mornings to clean. They went back to the living room with more wine, and they sat on the couch. He wanted to watch the news, which was fine with her, she too wanted to check the status of the stock market.

She was looking at him from time to time as he sat bending to the front watching carefully. She was so tired after the nightmares' filled last night...  she didn't feel when she closed her eyes.

Lilly was half asleep when she felt being carried up: What's happening?
Andrew: Nothing, I'm taking you to bed
Lilly woke up feeling sacred: No, you are not!
She jumped from his arms standing taking steps back
Andrew: What's wrong? You're sleepy and so I am!
Lilly: Out of question. I'm going home
Andrew was annoyed but wanted to control himself: Now? It's almost three in the morning??
Lilly was not believing it was that late, still insisted: Better than entering the wolf's bedroom
Andrew got even more angry: You've been sleeping in my arms for hours now and nothing happened! Stop being so childish
Lilly didn't believe she was sleeping in his arms, how she didn't feel it? She smiled at the idea, as she sat down: Childish? I bet that's exactly what the wolf told the red riding hood?!
Andrew couldn't help smiling but sat beside her: You're silly. Nothing will happen. I'm not even in the mood.
Lilly was getting annoyed at his coolness: Huh?! And if you change your mind; then I've waited 26 years to lose it all to a wolf who said he's not in the mood?!
Andrew narrowed his eyes: Lose what? What have you been waiting for?
Lilly bit her lower lip at realizing what she said: Nothing. I'm... I'm sleepy. I shouldn't have said that. I go now.
As she moved away taking her things; he grabbed her arm turning her to face him: Oh, not that fast Cinderella!! What is it, you waited for, your whole life??
Lilly didn't like how she reacted to his touch and how her breathing was heavy once he's near looking deeply into her eyes or how her head was blank and still have to answer, but who cares, she will just tell the truth: Fine. I haven't been with anyone before. But it's nothing of your concern
Andrew looked so puzzled: What do you mean? Tell me more. At least just to explain yourself. Cause you're not making any sense!
Lilly looked down: It's really none of your business
He looked so determined and crossed his arms standing so still, he obviously wasn't going to let this go!
She understood exactly this look in his eyes and had to go on: Fine! In high school i saw my best friend's feelings being abused by her boyfriend. She completely fell under his power once they started sleeping together. So, i simply didn't. Not yet, i mean.
Andrew: Not ever? Are you saying you are still a ...
Her eyes widened as she blushed and looked down: I said it's none of your business!
He was so surprised and quite shocked: How? How did you? Are you sick? Never met anyone who's...
She felt so uncomfortable at sharing this with him, but she couldn't help wanting to explain as he looked so suspicious at her: Of course, I'm not sick! I just never gave up to men's little tricks. Then when time went by... I never felt I had good reasons to change my point of view. On the contrary every time I met someone; the idea of letting go was becoming increasingly difficult
Andrew: You might had your reasons then, which are still very uncommon, but what about your needs? Biological needs of a woman?
Lilly: I'm more worried now than before. I see people abusing each other's feelings and it's no longer my best friend and her boyfriend alone. I'm more exposed to harsher people
Andrew: I cannot dispute that people are harsh, but how are you ignoring your basic needs... unless?
Lilly saw a wicked amused smile, which embarrassed her: No. I'm still a virgin. Nothing of what you have in mind. Plus... I'm religious and wanted to keep myself away from all this...
He mocked laughing: and I thought you were a full woman
Lilly was offended while he seems totally amused!
Andrew: Well, at least you made out hundreds of times instead!
Lilly was annoyed by his cold comments and replied indifferently: Wouldn't even let anyone kiss me!
Andrew was serious suddenly: Why?
Lilly: I guess you were too busy mocking me that you didn't hear that I wouldn't give anyone the slightest possibility to use me or my feelings in any form! I scared them off and they cowardly ran away!
Andrew laughed, but this time in admiration rather than his normal mocking disbelief: You can't be lying about this, can you?!
Lilly smiled: What's so attractive about it that I would be making it up?!
Andrew: True. Most men would prefer a woman who knows how to set them on fire not someone who needs to be shown to the world of sexuality and lust!
Something dropped hard in their two hearts. She, as she never thought about it this way before. And he, as he suddenly got obsessed with the idea of him being that person to her, showing her his own world of a man-woman relationship. One problem though. He never saw a woman more than a week or two max!
Lilly was annoyed by his long silence: i guess, you are right... now that we set the picture right... I guess I cannot leave that late. Can I please stay here couple of more hours till light comes up at least, while you go to your bed?
He smiled trying to annoy her: Not a chance. I call you an Uber. You can be a serial killer!
Lilly laughed: Too bad I didn't take my chance earlier then...
Andrew smiled at her beautiful eyes when she smiled: On second thoughts, sleep here till morning.
He approached her taking her neck in his hands pushing against her air supply: You wouldn't dare even if wanted to hurt me!
For some reason and even when she was not expecting his move, she didn't move and was only under hypnosis of his touch on her neck and his eyes looking deeply into hers.
He felt strange about her look which made him pause and look straight into her eyes taking her chin up looking at her lips. She whispered softly: Don't.
She walked away from him, trying to contain this strange feeling that he's been causing her every time he's near.
Andrew left the room without a word. She sat smiling for no reason.

Sleepover
She must have been so tired as the next thing she felt is his chest warming her back while being in a bed wrapped in his arms.
She opened her eyes in the dimmed room where heavy blackouts were covering the window, trying to remember what could have happened that made her end up in his bed! She couldn't figure out!!
Decide Lilly, move out girl. What are you doing lingering on, in his arms? His perfume was dominating even the oxygen in the room. The sound of his breathing in her ears was so soothing.
Without any sensible explanation, she closed her eyes again and gave in to sleeping in the arms of the wolf.

Morning light beat the blackout and she smiled at the warm feeling of a man's body in the same bed with her. Her smile was replaced by a sudden pain that out of the whole world; this man is Andrew Johnson. The same heartless who wants to take her company away from her.
He moved his arm around her waist and the other arm under her neck moving it around her upper body placing his palm on her shoulder, tucking her softly inside him, whispering softly: Wake up Cinderella ... make me coffee
Lilly couldn't help smiling: Morning Mr wolf, make me breakfast. I'm starving.
Andrew: Wolf?? Really? Then I have to live up to my reputation
Lilly rolled on her back questioning his eyes, when he suddenly mounted on top of her sitting on her tummy holding her hands above her head: Time I eat you up little red riding hood!!
He was laughing so hard, and she couldn't stop laughing too at his little game
Lilly was trying to stop laughing: Stop. Move. You're heavy. Move!!
He smiled softly kissing the tip of her nose: Make me coffee
She insisted trying to hide her surprise at his kiss: Make me breakfast!
He wasn't sure how he felt about her commanding him to make her breakfast if she will make him coffee. But he didn't feel like disputing, he jumped off her and out of bed: Most probably I will burn the omelets! Let me do coffee if you insist
Lilly smiled: I insist, mine is strong with one-third milk; I will make breakfast from whatever I find in the fridge
He shrugged his shoulders as he pointed to the bathroom: Use this, I will use the one out.
She took a quick shower using the towels folded nicely to the side of the sink's marble cupboard.  She wore the same clothes which completely annoyed her.
She headed to the kitchen, opened the fridge which to her surprise was loaded with food enough for a family of ten people.
She made a nice breakfast while he stood watching after handling her coffee laughing at the amount of milk she puts in her coffee!
Lilly laughed: Hey, stop, I love keeping it healthy with more milk! Plus, it's softer on my stomach in the morning.
She paused looking at him folding his arms watching her: But to be honest I love all coffees. Black is also a beautiful treat in the second half of the day!
Andrew: I never thought of milk making coffee softer... I guess I end up with at least six or seven coffees a day!
Lilly looked worried: Water?
Andrew shook his head: Not as much as I should!
Lilly: Keep a bottle not a glass in front of you. And every time you feel like a coffee drink water first instead.
They kept speaking about their routine food and water while having breakfast and they both didn't feel it was a full hour. She felt strange about not feeling the time with him, she looked sad suddenly as she cleared the kitchen quickly in silence.
Andrew: What did I say?? You changed suddenly!
Lilly inhaled and spoke softly: Nothing. It's good we finished everything yesterday. It's good we don't need to meet again. I don't know what to feel... She paused, almost sure he would never understand and worse he would cut her throat once he knows she's the same Lilly his rival!!
She was lost in her thoughts, when she felt his hands turning her to face him, he stood closer taking her hands: You're sure you don't want us to meet again?
Lilly: Yeah, would be safer if we don't.
Andrew was trying to look indifferent: Safer? Thought you're a more of a risk taker. But it's fine if you don't want we meet again.
Her eyes were fixed on his; there was a strange sadness swapping over her.
She tried to keep her smile: You said it last night; who'd want a woman like me?
Her smile became a laugh with narrowed eyes: You can never handle a fierce equal. Go find a less stubborn who's good for one night.
She moved away to the living, got her things quickly and moved to the door while calling from far: Bye Mr Wolf, red riding hood is making her final escape.