Chapter 5. The Game of Flaws

Andrew laughed letting her go out of his arms: You're again dreaming. I've never needed to pretend to be interested in anything or anyone! Anyhow, you wanted to gamble! Go. Tell me.
Lilly smiled as she took her glass, sipping a bit of the wine, examining his eyes, his confident look while he too was sipping his wine standing with the other hand in his pocket: Confident to unlimited arrogance. Cold, unable, and unwilling to communicate with others only cause you think they don't level up to your thinking. Taking pleasure in controlling others before they are able to raise their eyes in yours to make sure they are all subordinates. Stubborn to even admit that you are lonely and sad. Control freak to an extend that you would never enjoy a second of spontaneous simple pleasure just because it's happening without your own planning.
Andrew's eyes showed anger, as he turned away from her, she felt bad. She thought she will like his being confronted with what she thought of him, but she suddenly felt she offended him.
He turned to see her worried face trying to wear a cold smile: Have you been reading these stupid articles and reviews about me & my company?! That's the only way i can think of!
Lilly was trying not to expose herself, but he was right. She did read every single review she could find about him: Regardless! That's not the deal. It's a true or false game.
He smiled: Before i tell you true or false; it's your turn. The whole game was that you will tell me your flaws. Remember?
Lilly smiled: Yeah, on the hope that we don't need to meet again. Fine!
She inhaled and tried not to smile, raising her right hand which made him smile: I confess; I'm a control freak myself and i too don't like surprises to start with.
His grin widened: What else?
She admitted smiling: I'm a workaholic; spent the past five years studying and working not giving myself time out; which –as per the people around me- made me too serious and not fun to be with!
He relaxed more and sipped his wine smiling: Continue.
She laughed: You're not scared enough yet??
He looked amused not losing the smile in his eyes: No! You have to tell me more.
She smiled as she sat at the couch beside him: Not before you tell me if what i said about you was right or wrong?
He moved closer nearing his face to hers: Kiss me first.
She was surprised moving back: Mr Johnson, you wouldn't try to confuse me with this request, just to escape answering; would you??
He smiled completely liking this woman: Why would you be confused? And why are you blushing like a schoolgirl at a request of a kiss??
The door rang, he smiled winking at her: Saved by the door. We are not done!

She inhaled as he went out of the room. What is it with this man? Her head was racing with thoughts when David & one of the gentlemen of last night were shown to the living room.
David smiled warmly: Hi Lou. A second time? That's already a record!

The Kidney Unit
Andrew looked blaming his brother; and explained: We tried to reach the Kidney unit in the County's hospital but weren't sure which unit you mentioned last night. I guess you can reach to the responsible person, right?
Lilly looked puzzled: Don't understand; why? What do you want to do?
Andrew: It's obvious! We will fund their renovation. You said they are short of around k125? Didn't you?
Lilly's eyes widened: Yes! Are you really willing to help? Will you be able to support them?
Andrew looked at the Finance guy: We were checking this morning, but i guess we can cover a considerable amount
Finance guy (who didn't even say what his name): Yes Mr Johnson, as you ordered, this will be on installments
Andrew looked at her surprised face: Can you call up the guy you know? We can set the meeting with him and check when the amounts are needed
Lilly was so happy but still surprised: Of course, i just cannot believe you want to do that. But i will call him immediately.
She grabbed her phone and called up the contact person, she had to be very careful he didn't say her name though: Dr Jack, how are you? I have some news concerning the help needed for the Kidney unit. There's a donor who's interested to help.
Dr Jack voice raised with excitement: Lilly that would be great; how much are they willing to donate?
Lilly had to think fast as she suddenly felt she will be exposed: Can i send you a text with the number of the person in charge, Mr Andrew Johnson and you arrange on the next steps?
Dr Jack agreed still sounding very excited; specially when Lilly mentioned that Mr Andrew seriously wants to help.
When she hang-up, she quickly texted the doctor that he cannot tell Andrew who she was, and he only know her as Lou (no last names) and that she will explain later.
David smiled: Why didn't you tell him that Andrew is paying a considerable amount?
Lilly smiled: Didn't want to do that till you guys meet the doctor and check the unit yourselves. Good deeds cannot be forced!
Andrew smiled, as his phone rang. It was Dr Jack and they agreed to meet the following day at the hospital to check all possibilities.
The four of them then discussed in detail what this hospital was doing, and Lilly explained their activities and in particular the activities of this unit and the missed equipment and how the hospital was struggling with the long waiting list of patients needing intervention as the hospital was short in resources.

The Pharoah's Temple
Andrew couldn't stop watching her as she spoke with much passion about this hospital and unit. Even when food was delivered and they moved to the dinning as David earlier left them briefly to order, as his brother asked him; she was still telling them stories from the hospital while setting elegantly the dining table absent minded after opening different drawers and cupboards, till she was lighting candles placing them on the table. She paused suddenly looking at the three men, she burst into laughter: Sorry, i took the liberty of setting the table my way!
Andrew put his hand under his chin in amusement: And candles too. Didn't even know I have any!
Lilly looked embarrassed and smiled: Bad habits, i guess!
David: Bad habit? That's beautiful. Suddenly a simple delivery is turned into an elegant, classy dinner!
The finance guy looked bored, which Andrew understood: Kevin, you can eat and leave if you want
Kevin: Not really hungry Mr Johnson. Can i go or will you need me to stay
Andrew wanted them both gone, he wanted this woman to himself alone, he nodded to Kevin but knew David was liking Lou from the smiling face he had all the time for her.
As the three of them were about to eat, Lilly smiled: If you're already ok with my "bad habits for dinner". Can you also tolerate some music??
David laughed: Candle lit dinner, music?? Careful Lou. That's no longer Andrew's house!
Andrew looked amused as she put on her mobile to some exotic soft music, which she fell in love with during her visit to Egypt when she went to see Mary-Anne.
They started eating while the music was fascinating them.
Andrew: What is this music? very unusual!
Lilly had a soft smile in her eyes: Close your eyes both of you.
They looked at her in surprise, she continued: Come on guys. Just close your eyes.
Andrew wouldn't, but David did. She shook her head at Andrew being stubborn, and continued: Think David, which part of the world you're in now hearing this music.
David smiled: Love the game. Ok. Not Europe. Not States obviously. But not Asia.
Andrew smiled liking the game: Turkey? Middle east?
Lilly smiled: No cheating. Middle east is too big. Be precise.
David: Then its middle east. The music is fascinating.
Lilly smiled again: Keep your eyes closed...You're inside a story... Think of the characters... What do you see?
David: Thousand and one nights. Shah...? What was her name?
Lilly smiled: Shahrazad. Good try!
She looked at Andrew still smiling: Come on. Make a guess. There's no right or wrong. We all feel music differently.
Andrew was too serious to make a try, but was still amused at her & David, he flipped the question to her: When you close your eyes, where are you?
Lilly looked challenging him, but then smiled as her voice went softer: I'm in Egypt.. in the great Pharaoh's temple... Scents of sandalwood and white musk are coming from all the corners of the palace. Fire flares on each column are lighting the palace. The beautiful queen dressed tonight in her turquoise gown, sitting in her royal seat with her crown on. Ministers, priests, princes and princesses are all around her while music is played beautifully on the Harp, note by note adding magic to the place. Everything and everyone disappear as the Romanian conqueror enters with his charm, taking over her heart before also concurring her country!
David was only looking at his brother who seemed the one charmed at the story: Egypt?
Lilly smiled nodding: Cleopatra & Antony
David: Can't remember the rest of the story... ?
Lilly looked down: It's rather sad. But their love was spoken of across generations.
Andrew: They were two fools losing everything because of their love
Lilly smiled: I agree, but he was a conqueror! He used her, while she stupidly gave up to him blinded by her love.
Andrew smiled: She tried to manipulate him and made him lose his glorious history and rank after opposing Rome for her!
Lilly looked sad: She trusted him when he promised he will protect her and Egypt! But it's typical when a woman trusts a man. She lost everything and had to kill herself.
David snapped: Gosh. I didn't need to know all this! You spoiled the story guys!!
Lilly smiled: Yeah sorry. I guess i personally would just stay at that pharaonic palace while the two lovers were just ignoring the world.
She stopped talking feeling embarrassed: Anyways... That's silly!
David couldn't mistake the amazed eyes of his brother looking at this pretty woman who somehow found herself a unique place with him since last night.
He stood leaving the table: Ok guys don't fight over a story. I have to go!
Lilly stood quickly awakened to where she was: Yes, i have to go too.
Andrew stood taking her hand: Not you. We have to talk!
Lilly got scared: No. We don't. You said we finish business then i go, David, can you drop me?
David smiled: Of course not. If Andrew says you stay. You stay, pretty!
Lilly was annoyed: Fine. Don't need anything. I will just call...
Andrew interrupted: No, you won't. And this escaping game isn't attractive at all. So, stop it!
Lilly was annoyed as David left while Andrew was still keeping her hand in his: You annoy me, you understand?!
Andrew smiled: You haven't told me all your flaws. Remember? You have to convince me a bit more that i need to let go of you.
She was silent under his fixed eyes into hers, part of her knew that she needs to be out of here, while there was a voice in her head wanting to stay with him, not even understanding why.