He could only cradle him in his arms. This was merely an accident, but it might have cost Guoguo his life, cost them a son, and made this family incomplete. Liu Tong took a long time to fall asleep. Xu Ran was the one who couldn't sleep this time. 

He spent the majority of the night staring up at the ceiling. Xu Ran awoke at daylight, and the drug had almost completely cured his sunstroke. Xu Ran prepared his own breakfast and urged Gao Quan and Shao Yu to close the Red Tower and stay at home. He then drove Tangtang to the military camp.

Xu Ran was well aware that what had occurred the day before was only the beginning. They couldn't give these barbarians a chance since they'd release their army to assault Yanzhou sooner or later. Lu Qi, on the other hand, had been extremely busy. 

Since yesterday's event was uncovered, he has begun to mobilize people to monitor the area and keep an eye out for the enemy slipping into Yanzhou, particularly in certain rural areas. They had to double-check it thoroughly.

When they first checked, he didn't anticipate them to uncover any difficulties. Some roads and holes have been discovered in some of the more distant areas, and these were clearly man-made. 

When Lu Qi discovered this, he immediately ordered that the holes be filled and the road be closed, and that anyone attempting to sneak in from these locations be turned back. Simultaneously, he began to allow the soldiers to train, so Xu Ran and the others heard bursts of shouts today.

Tangtang explained to Xu Ran, "This is the soldiers training. Vice General Luo said before that he would train the soldiers like this when war is about to begin. This is the habit of Yanzhou."

Xu Ran nodded and didn't speak again. They were stopped when they reached the entrance of the camp.

This guy, fortunately, knew Tangtang, and he asked someone to report it after Tangtang explained his purpose straight. Soon after, the man came out to let them in. 

Lu Qi was now in the military camp's big tent, which King Yan typically used, but King Yan was not around, and there were many things in the tent, so Lu Qi utilized it without permission. Lu Qi was frowning at a yellow map when Xu Ran and the others came. 

It was assumed that he had experienced a difficult situation. Xu Ran no longer had time to fool about, so he approached him and inquired as to what was wrong.

Lu Qi said, "I found something yesterday, and I'm trying to figure out how to fix it."

Hear Lu Qi unclear words, Xu Ran frowned and asked him, "What problem? Tell me. "

Lu Qi said, "We found some trails in the mountains, which were made by people. We guess they were made by barbarians. I'm thinking about ways to cut off these paths and put an end to future trouble."

Xu Ran shook his head disapprovingly, "It is preferable to cut them off temporarily. We may also utilize these routes to set up traps and place thorns on the road. This can cause a significant amount of time to be lost. Or you can set up an ambush there and catch everyone who comes along the path."

"Thorns," Lu Qi muttered quietly, then clapped the table. "It reminds me of something. Yanzhou is home to a unique thorn tree. It has very large thorns, and humans will be scratched if they touch it. If I acquire some poison on these thorns, I don't think I'll be able to tolerate these folks."

Lu Qi seemed to be surprised by his quick-witted thoughts, and his mouth was about to turn into a gully.

Xu Ran didn't say that he couldn't do it because he was quite confident in Lu Qi's poison. However, this was a huge project that needed to be deployed as soon as possible.