Chapter 116

Name Of The Shop

The doctor exited the room and said, "Please come in and take a seat since we all know each other! If Qin doesn't have something to ask of you, he won't come to you. He hasn't been seen in a long time."

Qin Shuwu glanced at the doctor and said, "Who will come to the hospital if he is well!"

In addition, the doctor answered, "Who says you can't go to the hospital if you're feeling fine? Can't a doctor have pals, according to your logic?"

They were most likely adversaries. When Xu Ran noticed that the situation was escalating, he promptly assumed the position of peacemaker. "Since you haven't seen each other in a long time, shouldn't you sit down and have a pleasant conversation in peace? Didn't you notice how much you missed each other?"

Xu Ran received two eye rolls and two snorts at the same moment after asking this inquiry.

"Humph, who would miss him!"

They even said the same thing.

Xu Ran raised his hands, implying that if you two had an unspoken agreement, why would you continue to act in this manner?

Xu Ran examined the doctor closely and noticed that, despite his lengthy beard, he did not appear to be elderly. He and Qin Shuwu might be the same age. He appeared to have grown a beard as a disguise!

The two of them began to argue again without Xu Ran's intervention. There were numerous tidbits and old memories recounted. Xu Ran stood helplessly by the sidelines, watching them. These two were actually 80 or 90 years old when their ages were combined together! It was quite childish of them to act in this manner.

They had, however, completely forgotten about their business. Xu Ran eventually found an opportunity to speak up when their lips were dry and they needed to sip water.

"What herbs did you buy previously, Brother Qin? Check with the doctor to see if he has the ones you didn't get. It's becoming late, and I need to hurry home and finish up some agricultural work."

Qin Shuwu remembered why he was here at this point, so he took a piece of paper and handed it to the doctor "Take a look and tell me if you still have these herbs on the paper, Old He. They're for Xu Ran, so I get them. Don't try to trick me."

Only then did Xu Ran know that the doctor's surname was He. Hearing Qin Shuwu's words, Xu Ran chipped in at once, "Please, Dr. He."

Dr. He didn't want to offer herbs to Qin Shuwu at first since he believed he was irritating. Xu Ran, on the other hand, was the one who wanted to buy them. Following the sale of five jins of herbs, Dr. He had no concerns that his herbs might become unsellable in the future.

Dr. He stood up and said, "Alright, I'll look for them for the sake of you. But I'm telling you, you are so lucky. I just got my latest batch of herbs."

Xu Ran laughed, "Thank you, Dr. He."

Dr. He made a wave with his hand. "It's all right. It's not as if you're not going to pay me. In that case, Qin, the herbs your clerk is carrying were purchased elsewhere, correct? I'm telling you, Qin, you just have to wait and see what happens. See whether I'll buy fruits from you in the future, because you buy herbs from others!"

Xu Ran knew they were going to rake up the past as soon as he heard this. Xu Ran instinctively knew he didn't want to become involved, despite the fact that Qin Shuwu had bought the medicines for him. No one would know how long it would take them to quit once it started. Xu Ran was desperate to return home.