Chapter 92

Daytime

Xu Ran sent the items to Mr. Chen's restaurant and told him, "Mr. Chen, you should be able to sell these before the Spring Festival. After the festival, I'll send you the remainder. This item's sale isn't going to last long. The timeframe is during the cold season, which lasts for one or two months. The other things should take over after that."

Mr. Chen nodded as he looked at the money that Xu Ran had brought "That's all right. This is sufficient to sell prior to the Spring Festival. I'm going to close for a few days to prepare for the festival coming up in a few days."

"Mr. Chen, do these two things sell well?" Xu Ran asked.

Mr. Chen said with a smile, "Well, very well! The several dishes made from the dried bamboo shoots rarely have leftover. The best seller is 'potato dough drops'. Many people turned to buy it when they failed to buy potatoes. Both are potatoes, but they taste different. Many people like them."

Xu Ran pretended to breathe a sigh of relief, "That is fine. I was worried that you will blame me if they don't sell well."

Mr. Chen patted Xu Ran on the shoulder as if he himself was very easy-going. "How can I blame you? Didn't I say I trust you?"

Xu Ran looked at the sky. He must have forgotten the scene that he asked him in a questioning tone, and that he was still worried after the payment was made.

Of course, Xu Ran wouldn't say it out.

He smiled and said, "Yeah, thank you for your trust, Mr. Chen. I still have some errands to run, so I'm leaving first."

"Sure, sure, come back after the Spring Festival."

Xu Ran smiled as he walked away. He first delivered the prepared items to Qin Shuwu's residence, where Qin Shuwu gave him the proceeds from the sale of chess sets. Qin Shuwu was quite happy after inspecting the items supplied by Xu Ran and the recipes supplied by Xu Ran.

The recipe was drafted by Xu Ran this morning. He had thought about doing it yesterday, but it slid his mind later.

Xu Ran said, "Brother Qin, make these things according to my instruction on the paper. I guarantee you will be satisfied."

Qin Shuwu nodded with a smile, "Sure, you're very thoughtful. You're coming during this Spring Festival, aren't you? At that time, I'll let my spouse show his cooking skills.

Xu Ran nodded. "Of course we will come. We will come with Zhuo Yun and the others, so as to spare your trouble to entertain us twice."

"Alright, the more the merrier. Your spouse has been out of postpartum confinement. Just in time."

Xu Ran kept Zhuo Yun's visit to his household for Spring Festival a secret from Qin Shuwu. He couldn't propose it because he wasn't connected to them by blood, therefore it had to be proposed by Zhuo Yun himself.

Xu Ran went shopping for gifts for Little Qingshu after conversing with Qin Shuwu for a time. He wanted to pick out some longevity locks and silver bracelets that were already manufactured. He didn't sure if there was still time to produce some if there weren't any for sale.

Xu Ran patted himself on the head and felt that his brain was getting worse recently.

Xu Ran discovered a specialized jewelry store. The shopkeeper was not present, and only one employee was cleaning up the merchandise. "Sir, what do you want?" Xu Ran knocked on the counter, and the staff rushed over to greet him.