Chapter 59

THE HARVEST

They could not equate the size of the potatoes they sowed in the spring to those naturally sown in the winter. Since they arrived at their house, Gao Quan and Shao Yu had not eaten potatoes. Xu Ran cooked dinner by himself in the evening. He slaughtered a chicken and cooked it with the potatoes in a stew. Liu Tong remained silent this time.

Xu Ran's house's cellar was piled high with potatoes. Every day, they pushed an average of five carts. They had quite a few potatoes after three days of digging. Xu Ran took a pack basket to the town after digging the potatoes. He could, of course, deliver the letter on the way.

Mr. Chen was going to get the potatoes, so he was going to give them to him. It had been a few days, and if he didn't go, the strawberry jam would go bad.

Mr. Chen agreed with Xu Ran that he would raise money after he gave him the potatoes, but Xu Ran did not obtain the money for the strawberry jam. If potatoes were plentiful on the market, he couldn't sell at a high price. Xu Ran, on the other hand, considered whether it was appropriate to quote a high price since no one was selling potatoes at the time. After all, he needed money as his house would probably finish the house construction by end of the month.

Xu Ran went to courier station and sent the letter before going to Mr. Chen's restaurant.

When Mr. Chen arrived at the restaurant, Xu Ran had already written the recipes for potato chips and other potato-based dishes, and he showed him how to make Frech fries.

Xu Ran demonstrated how to make potato chips to convince Mr. Chen that the recipe indeed worked.

The chefs here were all men, so no one said that cooking was beneath a gentleman.

Since he wanted to sell the recipe to Mr. Chen, Xu Ran asked some people who had been appointed by Mr. Chen to keep an eye on him. It would be easier for them to make this dish if they watched him prepare it before trying it themselves.

He peeled the potatoes after washing off the dirt. He soaked them in water after cutting them into chips to remove the starch. After that, he boiled the potato chips in the pot for a while before removing them. Then, in the other pot, he heated some oil and fried the chips until they were golden yellow.

"Other flavors may be added based on the preferences of the customers. It may have a sour, sweet, or salty flavor. This is a straightforward procedure." As he fried the potato chips in the pot, Xu Ran explained.

The potato chips smelt good. Soon one plate was ready.

After it cooled down a little , Xu Ran asked the staff in the kitchen to have a taste.

New things piqued everyone's interest, but everyone's taste differed. Some people enjoyed the potato chips, while others did not. Xu Ran couldn't promise that all of the workers would like this meal, but it wasn't intended for them in the first place. Mr. Chen was handed another plate by Xu Ran, who invited him to try a bite.

Mr. Chen stared at the potato chips with the same confidence as before. He became more optimistic after tasting the dish and asked Xu Ran to sell him all of the potatoes.

Xu Ran intended to sell him the potatoes, but he decided how to sell them.

Xu Ran took the recipes he had prepared, "Mr. Chen, potatoes are a great crop, but I don't grow them very much. I have to save some for my own family, so each month I can only give you twenty-five to fifty kilograms. In addition, I have a few potato-based recipes on this page. Do you want to learn more?"