Chapter 109

Uphold Justice

Xu Ran turned away from him and said to the village chief, "Everyone in the village knows that Xu Cheng, the village head, and I are brothers. He, on the other hand, never treated me like a brother. Everyone knows I've had dementia for seven years, but I didn't get sick from falling off the cliff. I was first sedated, then shoved down the mountain. Fortunately, I was discovered by a passerby."

"Perhaps you are unaware, but the person who drugged me is my wonderful brother. It's something I recall vividly. I remembered it even after I had become a fool. My family was forced out of the house by the Xu Family before I could recover. Xu Family did not provide us anything except for getting terribly battered all over. After being chased out, I was thankfully able to recover. I have to give them credit for my recovery."

"So 'm not going to pursue the claim that Xu Cheng poisoned me and intended to kill me. They, on the other hand, continued to bring me problems. As a result, I was compelled to end my relationship with them, which everyone knew about. As a result, our family had lived in peace for a while, but it did not last long."

"Xu Cheng abused his husband severely and then dragged him to my house, attempting to frame my family. Fortunately, there were a lot of people on the scene, and we were able to get away. I knew they had sold their fields to pay for Zhang Yue's treatment and were struggling to make ends meet.So I donated food to their family, but instead of thanking me, Xu Cheng plotted to poison my one-month-old child with the help of others. Please bear witness for me, my friends. Come with me to my house later if you want to check out the animal."

Xu Ran made all of the dirty secrets public. Xu Ran was relieved when he saw the villagers' expressions of growing understanding. He was hoping that this occurrence would eliminate Xu Cheng's chances of ever rising again.

Xu Ran would not have done anything to him if it weren't for the nefarious things he had done in the past. After all, people in ancient times treasured the notions of beneficent fathers, filial sons, and pleasant and harmonious brothers. If he sued Xu Cheng in Yamen just because he had used croton seeds to poison Baozi, very probably he would end up as a merciless guy in everyone's eyes.

Their family had to remain in Xu Village, and their children were still little. He couldn't stand this reputation any longer, especially once he became Xiucai. This was a stain for the rest of his life, and it would have a significant impact on his two children.

After Xu Ran concluded his statements, no one said anything for a long time. They could only condemn Xu Cheng a little since, no matter how vile he was, they were still brothers.

When Xu Ran noticed that no one was speaking, he turned to the village chief. "I've also disclosed everything to the village chief. Liu Tiezhu can also testify that Xu Cheng is the one who poisoned my ewe with croton seeds and killed the ewe. Gao Quan also discovered Xu Cheng in the mountain cave. Because he was wounded by the trap, he was unable to escape. Please uphold the rule of law for me."

Village chief sighed, "Xu Ran, untie Xu Cheng! I will ask him about the ins and outs of the matter. Don't worry, I'll definitely uphold justice for you. Doctor Liu can also testify for you.

Xu Ran considered it. He was unconcerned because he had told the truth and Xu Houcai and Elder Daddy Xu had said nothing. As a result, he nodded and said, "All right, Gao Quan, untie him and remove the trap from his foot."

Gao Quan nodded and untied Xu Cheng as well as his foot.

Village chief walked to Xu Cheng and asked, "Xu Cheng, you have heard what Xu Ran said. What do you wanna say?"