Chapter 3

With the pheasant, Liu Tong made soup. It was a huge braised soup bowl. Xu Cheng's two children extended their chopsticks as soon as the dishes were set on the table. The couple of elderly Xu then reached out their chopsticks, followed by Xu Cheng and Zhang Yue.

Xu Ran, Tangtang, Guoguo, and Liu Tong were still waiting to be seated at the table. Xu Ran felt extremely uneasy when he saw this scene.

Xu Ran sat at the table with his two children. He also fought for chicken soup and continued to bring chicken meat into his children's bowls in a more effective manner.

"You're a fool, Xu Ran. You are not allowed to eat the chicken. If you take all, there will be no meat left." Zhang Yue had had enough and said to Xu Ran after Xu Ran had only gotten a few picks. Xu Ran turned away from him and proceeded back to picking up dishes.

Zhang Yue intended to say more, but when he saw Liu Tong's glare, he reluctantly shut his mouth.

The elderly Xu couple had their favorites. When Elder Daddy Xu saw Zhang Yue's unwillingness to say anything about Xu Ran, he knocked off Xu Ran's chopsticks just as he reached out to pick up the dishes and asked, "What exactly are you up to? It's futile for you to consume food. You have no option but to eat. Why didn't you perish when you fall off the cliff?"

Xu Ran pity for the deceased Xu Ran. Xu Ran understood that such a conversation must have been replicated a thousand times before as he witnessed the reactions of the rest of the family members. Having such a daddy made Xu Ran extremely unhappy.

"Pheasant... Tongtong... get..."

The others couldn't understand what Xu Ran was saying, but Liu Tong did, so Liu Tong said, "I returned the pheasant to you, Daddy-in-Law. We should let Ran eat as much as he wants if he wants!"

Elder Daddy Xu glared fiercely at Liu Tong and said, "He's a moron who only knows how to eat. Why doesn't he just pass away?" While saying this, Elder Daddy Xu stretched out his chopsticks to pick up some meat from the chicken soup.

Xu Cheng and his two children, Xu Hua and Xu Kai, continued to eat quietly, eating more than anyone else.

Xu Ran confidently picked up more chicken meat, knowing that he would leave the family sooner or later. Xu Ran, on the other hand, was getting the chicken for his two children and Liu Tong. Xu Ran would still call Tongtong if someone had anything to say.

Liu Tong would then glare at them, and no one dared to pass judgment.

Xu Ran was well aware that if he persisted in this way, his entire family would grow a stronger disdain towards his family and assume that they were freeloaders.

That was just what Xu Ran had anticipated. If the whole family continued to think in this manner, they would be asked to leave the family and develop their own family. That outcome was precisely what he needed! Xu Ran would not make the bid on his own initiative; instead, he would wait for the others to do so.

It was July, and the heat was scorching. In the afternoon, Liu Tong remained at home, ready to do some embroidery work.

Liu Tong was an experienced embroiderer. In the area, his works could be sold for a good price. However, he had expended all of his money on Xu Ran's medication.

Xu Run inspected his garments, which seemed to be in good shape. Liu Tong's and two children's garments, on the other side, were strewn with patches.

He grasped Liu Tong's hands and pulled him out the door. The two kids were fast asleep. Xu Ran had no intention of bothering them.

Liu Tong had no idea what Xu Ran was doing, but he patiently followed him.