Chapter 7

"Liu Tong, Liu Tong, wait..."

Liu Tong had just walked out when he heard a call from behind him. As he turned around, he saw Wu Mei and Liu Qing sprinting towards him.

Liu Tong came to a standstill and stared at the two people gasping for air. "There's no rush," he reassured them both. "Please take your time."

"Liu Tong, we've heard you were driven out," Wu Mei said, inhaling a bit. 

"We know you don't have somewhere to go right now, so let's start with my place!"

"You are, Liu Tong, helping the entire family. The children are still young, and Xu Ran must continue to take his medication. So let's get going. We won't let you go hungry," Liu Qing added.

"Well..." Liu Tong was hesitant.

"Even if you don't care about yourself, you should think about your two kids!" Wu Mei tried to reassure him. 

"You must not have had your lunch yet! Tangtang and Guoguo have to be starving. Whatever happens, come to my house for some food first. "

"Yeah, and Ran needs to see a doctor about his injury," Liu Qing said.

Liu Tong was saddened as he looked at the two silent and compliant children by his side, as well as Xu Ran, who was seriously wounded. He was angry at himself for being so useless that he couldn't even protect his children.

"Well, I am so sorry for causing you so much trouble," he replied, nodding at Wu Mei and Liu Qing.

"What are you talking about?" Wu Mei and Liu Qing both waved their hands at the same time. "If it were others, I wouldn't bother."

Naturally, Liu Tong recognized that Wu Mei and Liu Qing had come to his help in his hour of need because of their friendship. He agreed to embrace their kindness and promised to look after the two families in the future.

Xu An, Wu Mei's spouse, was a skilled craftsman as well as a skilled field hand. Moreover, since Wu Mei was virtuous and capable, his family led a happy life in Xu Village, and they could even be called rich.

Wu Mei had two children as well. The oldest was named Dahu, and the youngest was named Yueya'er. They were also extremely obedient.

When Wu Mei returned home with them, he asked Dahu and Yueya'er to play with Tangtang and Guoguo first. He sat Liu Tong and Xu Ran in the hall after that. After all of this was taken care of, he went straight to work in the kitchen. Liu Qing returned home and stated that he would bring some food here.

When Xu Ran and Liu Tong were left alone in the room, Xu Ran sat in his seat and placed his hand on the hand of Liu Tong, who was sitting next to him. "Tongtong, I'm fine now," he said softly. "I'm not going to bring you through any more pain."

Liu Tong was shocked for a moment after hearing Xu Ran's words, and then his eyes turned red.

Xu Ran rose from his seat and walked behind him. He gently stroked Liu Tong's back to console him, avoiding the area where he had been injured. "Tongtong, you've been working hard for us all these years," he said. Thank you so much."

Liu Tong stood up, red-eyed, and embraced Xu Ran tightly. "Ran, Ran..." he kept calling.

"I'm here, Tongtong, and I'm all right now..." Xu Ran patted his back and gently comforted him in his ear.

Liu Tong was so enthralled that he had no idea whether he was sad or happy at the moment. Since he married into the Xu Family, he had hoped that Xu Ran would recover. He had been suffering in the Xu Family for several years, but his dreams for Ran had never died. The belief that Ran would recover had always cheered him up, even in the worst of times.

The Farm Life Of a "Fool"On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara