Chapter 4

Liu Tong awakened early the next day. He recalled what Xu Ran had told him and devised a plan to cut some bamboo in the mountains while also capturing some wild animals to sell for money.Liu Tong wanted to save some money first and then buy medication for Ran because he was unwilling to take it right now. No one would be able to control them after they moved out.

Liu Tong quickly ate some food after completing his breakfast preparations. Then he made food for the two kids and Xu Ran and put them into their room. Otherwise, there would be little left in the pot until they awoke. He didn't wake up the two kids after that. He just went to Xu Ran's bedside and told him he was going out and would return at noon.

Xu Ran was sound asleep and didn't seem to hear him. The sun had already risen high in the sky when he awakened. The bright sunlight jolted him awake.

When he arose, he noticed the two kids already dressing and washing their faces in a small wooden basin.

"Tangtang, Guoguo, how smart you are!" Xu Ran exclaimed as he walked over to the two children. "You have already worn your clothes well!"

"Dad!" the two children called out together.

"Dad, wash your face," Tangtang said as he handed Xu Ran a wrung-out towel.

They weren't a rich household, and they didn't place much focus on their everyday routine. As a result, Xu Ran grabbed the towel, washed his face, and then cleaned the two kids' faces once more. Both children were beaming and seemed to be in good spirits.

grumbling~

Xu Ran blushed when he heard the rumbling noises coming from his stomach. What a shame it happened in front of the two children!

"Dad, Daddy has some food in the room for us. Let's get some food!" Xu Ran's rumbling sound was heard by the two children, but they did not laugh at him. They instead dragged him into the room.

Their breakfast consisted of whole grain porridge with no vegetables added. Thankfully, Liu Tong had left a large bowl of it, so they could fill up with only this water gruel. Xu Ran then went to the well to get some water. The dishes were cleaned and returned to the kitchen by Tangtang and Guoguo.

He was then left with nothing to do.

Many of the family members had left, including Zhang Yue. And they were all the people Xu Ran didn't want to meet, he figured this was a brilliant idea. Out of sight, out of view, as they say.

The only people at home were two five-year-old children and a fool, so they couldn't do anything. Xu Ran decided to take a walk around the village to look at its situation. He had no idea what the village's situation was and he had a fool's memory long before he became foolish. As a result, he wanted to undertake some research in order to locate a suitable location to build their house.

He wanted to know what the two kids thought. Tangtang and Guoguo both said that it was up to their dad to decide. Tangtang marched in front, while Guoguo walked hand in hand with Xu Ran as they went out.'

Xu Ran also learned that Tangtang's injuries were so much worse than Guoguo's at this moment. Although the time gap between their births was just a few minutes, Tangtang still put Guoguo in a vulnerable position to defend him.

"Let's go together," Xu Ran said with a smile as he reached out his hand and pulled Tangtang to his side.

Tangtang was confused, but he obeyed his father and gripped his hand firmly.

Both of the children were attractive, and Liu Tong had done an excellent job of educating them. They were very courteous and greeted anyone who walked by. The people of Xu Village adored these two children. When the villagers saw Xu Ran with them, they didn't think he was a fool. Xu Ran stayed quiet and smiled the whole time. He was also very attractive, and his smile could make people think well of him.