Chapter 75

Buying an Ewe

When Xu Ran and the village head arrived in town, he ordered Gao Quan to take the carriage to the Zhuo Mansion while he and the village head went to Yamen to deal with the land purchase.

When Xu Ran and the village chief arrived in town, he instructed Gao Quan to drive the carriage to the Zhuo Mansion while he and the village chief drove to Yamen to finalize the land purchase.

The policy was clearly stated by the Yamen registrar, but because Xu Ran did not mention it, he did not pursue the matter. He assisted Xu Ran with the formalities once again. Xu Ran was instantly given another 40 mu of land and elevated to the status of lord.

Xu Ran took the village chief to the Zhuo Mansion after everything was resolved in Yamen. Since they had both arrived in town at the same time, Xu Ran felt it would be inappropriate to send him home alone instead of inviting him to visit Zhuo Yun with him.

Few people showed up to celebrate Qingshu's full month (a customary activity to mark the end of a baby's first month of life). Only the Qins and Xu Ran's families attended, aside from a few of Zhuo Yun's close acquaintances.

However, during lunchtime, there were still a large number of guests who were seated at five or six tables, respectively. Zhuo Yun was giddy with delight, praising his baby Ge'er in front of all the guests.

Qingshu was very stunning. Many people expressed interest in becoming his in-laws, but they were all turned down by Zhuo Yun, who said that he would let his baby choose whom he liked. He was too young to make such a decision at the time.

Xu Ran agreed with Zhuo Yun as well. Who knew what kind of adult the child would turn out to be? And was it more likely that he was attracted to someone of the same gender? After all, who's to say?

After supper, most of Zhuo Yun's friends returned, leaving only Xu Ran's and the Qin families. The Qins had no intention of returning today. All of the Ge'ers and boys in the room were split into two groups at the moment, each chatting happily.

They would then get together to play mahjong in modern times. However, there was no such thing as mahjong here, so they could just sit and talk.

Liu Tong and Shao Yu also got together with a group of Ge'ers there.

Xu Ran just joined those men naturally. While everyone was enjoying themselves, Qingshu suddenly cried very loudly.

Qin Shuwen rose from his seat and took the baby into his arms. Even after walking back and forth twice, the infant continued to cry. Qin Shuwen pulled his shirt to check if he had peed, but he hadn't. As a result, he assumed the baby was hungry.

Zhuo Yun then quickly asked the servant to get some ewe's milk.

Xu Ran had the feeling he had forgotten something when he saw Liu Tong's tummy. He hadn't realized it until Zhuo Yun mentioned the ewe's milk that he had intended to buy a ewe home. He had forgotten about it because he was so busy these days. Liu Tong most likely assumed that the baby could drink rice water, therefore he never mentioned it.

It was October now. If time was fast, the baby would be born before the year. Xu Ran felt he should be quick to buy an ewe.

Xu Ran drew Zhuo Yun aside after feeding Qingshu the milk and inquired, "Isn't it true, Zhuo Yun, that your housekeeper repurchased the ewe? What about this approach? Let your housekeeper to accompany me to the store to purchase a ewe for my family? Because Tongtong is about to give birth, it's the ideal time to repurchase and rear a ewe."