Chapter 77

To carve characters

After listening for a time, Xu Ran stepped up with the child in his arms. "Listen to me, Zhuo Yun and Shuwen. Zhuo Yun should definitely go on this business trip in the start of next year, in my opinion. He is confident in his ability to return safely because he has been on business travels for many years."

"Zhuo Yun also stated that northerners enjoy eating southern cuisine. We'll prepare more unique material once he's gone. He can make a lot of money on this trip. However, this will be your final journey, and it might be termed your farewell.

"I've had an idea as well. Next year, I intend to purchase a hill behind my house on which to put fruit trees. Except for the most delicate fruits, most fruits may be stored for a long time. As a result, I may sell them to caravans to carry to other regions to sell, covering my revenues for the entire year."

"I believe our two families can work together to grow fruit trees. I'm already in over my head with these issues, and I've been planning to recruit employees for a long time, but I'm not sure who to recruit. Because we all trust each other, you won't be able to make business trips, and you won't be able to create your own shop. Why don't we collaborate?"

Xu Ran quietly waited for their answers. Zhuo Yun was indeed a good partner, plus, they could get along. It would be best if they could cooperate.

As soon as Xu Ran finished, Qin Shuwen said, "It may work. What's more, my eldest brother has his own channels to sell fruits. Then, there will be ready places to sell the fruits. Yun, how about working together with Xu Ran? In this case, you don't have to make the business trips."

Xu Ran's proposition piqued Zhuo Yun's curiosity, but purchasing a hill and fruit trees would be too expensive. This work travel in the start of next year has to be completed.

"Ran, if that's the case, then you should develop a thorough plan," he said after some thinking. Is it possible for me to make a decision after reading it? In addition, you must make some fresh food for me. My family is looking forward to my trip next year.

Xu Ran smiled. "Don't worry, I'll prepare for you. I'll buy more hogs this year. When the time comes, I'll borrow a few of your people to make more sausages and preserved pork, which you can take to sell next year."

"Allow me to purchase the hogs, and I'll send some people your way so you may train them. Although I don't want to be formal with you, I won't be comfortable bothering you too much."

Xu Ran gave a kind smile. "It's amazing that you'll feel uneasy. If you want, you can buy hogs. When the time comes, I'll let you know. Now is the time to talk to Shuwen about it. First, I'll pay a visit to Brother Qin."

After Xu Ran gave the child back to him, he left with another set of chess and a written moves instruction.

The distance between Zhuo Mansion and Qin Shuwu's shop was only a quarter of an hour. Because it being winter, there were few fruits available for purchase at the market. Because all of the fruits in Qin Shuwu's business were imported from outside, they were uncommon in the local market. As a result, a large number of clients arrived, and business was brisk.

When Xu Ran arrived, Qin Shuwu was doing accounts, and the clerks were greeting customers, so Xu Ran went in himself.

Qin Shuwu and Mr. Chen, Xu Ran assumed, were of the same kind, constantly calculating on an abacus, making one question how much money they actually possessed.

Xu Ran knocked on the counter. "How much did you earn today?"

Qin Shuwu put down his abacus and said, "Just look outside by yourself. I won't tell you anyway. What brings you here today?"