May 2014 cont.

picture is Alice

"May 2014 cont." will be in the next chapter

Thanks for reading!

5 votes=new chapter

10 votes=two new chapters in one day

It had been about a week since Sam had abruptly ended our relationship. Tonight Sam was coming over for dinner, so I had to make another excuse on why I couldn't attend. I hadn't gotten around to telling my family Sam and I were no longer together. I didn't want to talk about it, and there was a small part of me that believed this was a complete joke and that he would come back.

"Alice your boyfriend is here!" Lauren sing-songed up the stairs.

"Not feeling well," I quickly shouted back.

"Honey I made your favorite. Just because you're eighteen doesn't mean you don't have to listen to your poor old mother!" my mom called.

Groaning, I shut my laptop and jumped out of bed. I looked pathetic in my mirror with puffy red eyes, dark circles lining them. I slipped out of my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle pajama pants and baggy shirt, replacing them with leggings and a jumper. Grabbing a hair tie, I gathered my tangled hair into a messy bun before rushing downstairs. As I entered the dining room, I took the furthest seat from Sam.

"Al Pal, that's my seat," Matt complained as he roughly shook the chair.

"I just want to sit here," I stated, earning looks from my family.

"So what are you two planning on doing after Alice graduates?" my dad asked, breaking the awkward air. His words caused my eyes to be glassy as there was no longer a "Sam and I."

"Well I have no idea what he's doing, but I'm getting out of this town."

"I'm sensing there is something you didn't tell us."

"There is no reason to tell you anything, it was stupid getting with an older guy. Say 'I told you so,' or whatever you need!" I snapped, losing my temper.

"What happened!" Matt frantically asked, looking at Sam then me.

"Still wondering that myself," I spat before pushing away from the table, not caring that my chair fell over.

I saw Sam's face fall, but he's the one that did this. He's the one that said I was a child that meant nothing to him.

...

"Alice please don't go," Cade begged for the hundreth time. It was a few days after the family dinner gone wrong, and nothing felt any better. I hated that he had the power to break me down like this.

"I just need to go away for the weekend. You know, clear my head."

"I can't let you leave Alice, especially alone," Cade said, blocking me from exiting Sam's room. I needed to grab a few things before I left.

"Move, Sam will be home any minute and I'm not dealing with him."

"At least let me know where you're going, or let me come with you," he pleaded as he followed me down the stairs.

"I'm not even sure where I'm going yet, I just want to drive," I sighed, picking up the box of items I had collected. Cade opened his mouth to speak, but closed it as I ran into a hard chest.

"What are you doing here?" Sam harshly asked. I felt my knees turn to jelly.

"I-I was just grabbing some of my stuff. I have to go," I bit out after getting a hold of myself, and stormed to my car.