October 2013 cont.

picture is jamie kendall

For the past week I have thought nothing but Sam. I decided to tell Jamie about Sam and my dilemma. I trusted the girl with my life life, and I really needed her input about the situation.Jamie and I sat on my couch, talking and eating the pizza we just ordered.

"Jamie I have to tell you something, something important," I stated after muting the television. She cocked an eyebrow before giggling, signaling for me to commence.

"You know we have known Sam since sixth grade, and I've always been really close with him," I stated matter of factly before breaking my gaze with her to continue, "Recently, we have grown considerably closer in the intimate kind of way. Sam actually asked me to be his girlfriend."

"Oh little darling Alice, I have known for awhile. Everytime that man looks at you there is so much love in his eyes," Jamie playfully patted my head as if I were a small child.

"I'm with Cade though, however the main reason I got with him was to get over Sam," I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

"It seems to me that Cade is just something that you enjoy to keep you company. I have heard him say he loves you countless times, but you never return it. I'm not saying your a bad person for not doing it, there is just no spark. I do know that you love Sam though." This is why I loved Jamie so much. She was funny and playful, yet caring and wise at the same time.

""I'm not really sure what to do, this is not fair to either of them."

"You know I absolutely loathe chliche sayings, but follow your heart. Just know I will support you with whatever desicion you make," she said rubbing my arm.

"God I love you to pieces," I squealed throwing my arms around her.

...

A little while after Jamie went home, I paced up to Sam's door knowing who I wanted to be with.

"Alice, it's late," he breathed out. He was shirtless, leaving him only in his flannel pajama pants. Boy did he look irresistiable.

"I know, sorry. I wanted to wait until my family fell asleep."

"No it's fine, come in." He moved out of the door way to let me in.

"So I have decided who I want to be with..." I stated dragging my sentence on.

"And...?" he nervously asked, as if preparing himself for the worst.

"I want to be with you. The reason I began dating Cade was to move on from you after you left. I love you Sammy," I whispered, silently hoping his feelings about me hadn't changed in the past week.

He walked over to me and cupped my face in his large hands, his blue orbs staring into my own. Just like Jamie said, his eyes sparkled with adoration. Sam's plush pink lips landed on mine, wordlessly claiming me his.

...

thanks for reading! like always, comment any revisisons, suggestions or questions! <3