March 2014 cont.

picture is grayson

Thanks for reading!

5 votes= new chapter

10 votes= two new chapters in one day

<3

It had been a few weeks since Sam and I told my parents about us. My mom was slowly but surely warming up to the idea of us. However, my father wouldn't hear me out, and gave disgusted looks when Sam's name was mentioned.

I hadn't seen Sam outside of school since we told my parents. We called and texted as much as we could, but one of my parents was always watching me like a hawk.

"Miss Owens could I see you for a moment?" Sam called over the bell rang.

"What's up?" I asked after all the students left.

"How are things at home?" he questioned, genuinely concerned.

"Eh things have been better, but I'll live," I lightly smiled, sitting on his large desk.

"I'm so sorry, if I just stayed away in New York this wouldn't be happening," Sam sighed, leaning against his desk and crossed his arms.

"Babe please don't say that, if you stayed there we would not be together. You're one of the best things I have in my life, and none of this is your fault," I reassured him. He took a deep breath and pulled me close to his chest. I could hear his soft heartbeat as is chest rose and fell. I had never felt more content than when I was close to Sam, relishing in his intoxicating scent.

"I should probably go find my idiot brother, make sure he is doing legal things. My mom was cleaning his room last week and found some pills and cigarettes in his sock drawer. Looks like Lauren is the only good kid in our family," I laughed pulling away from him. He chuckled before he licked his lips and pecked my own.

As I exited Sam's room, I was pushed against the wall near Sam's door.

"Cade, what the hell-"

"I miss you baby," he whispered, cutting my sentence short. He had me against the wall, his hands on either side of me.

"I smell the alcohol on your breath, that's just fantastic."

"Had some drinks this morning," he shrugged.

"It's not even ten in the morning yet, and you're already drinking!"

"We aren't talking about my problems, we are talking about us."

"There is nothing to talk about because there is no us."

"Don't be like that baby," he said before peppering my neck with kisses.

"Quit the nicknames and get off of me!" I whisper-shouted, getting angrier by the second.

"Why did you even break up with me?" he slurred.

"We weren't working out, and I found someone else," I firmly stated, silently wishing for him to release me.

"Did you cheat on me?" he asked, slamming his fist on the wall next to my head. I had never seen him act like this, he was always sweet and caring.

"No Cade," I whispered, hoping he wouldn't see through my lies. I hadn't meant to cheat on him with Sam.

"Who is the bastard that stole my girlfriend!"

"Be quiet, just because we have free period doesn't mean other classes aren't going on."

"It's Jake isn't it, he's always had a thing for you," Cade growled, causing more of his alcoholic breath to waft up my nose.