April 2014

picture is Alice

Thanks for reading!

5=one new chapter

10 votes=two new chapters in one day

<3

My parents, my mom especially, had become much more open to mine and Sam's relationship. I could tell it still made my dad uncomfortable when I would go to Sam's or cuddle with him on family dinner night, but he was slowly getting over it.

The past couple weeks had gone by relatively smoothly, well as smooth as it gets when your dating your English teacher. When the bell for lunch sounded I headed for Sam's room to eat with him. All my friends were either working on projects or going off campus for lunch.

I was abruptly stopped on my journey when someone grabbed my arm. Slowly, I turned around to meet the blue eyes of Cade. Not again.

"Alice we need to talk."

"No, I-I don't want to talk to you," I stammered.

"Please. What I did, attempted to do to you, was despicable. I was just a drunken mess, and had no clue what I was doing."

"I don't need your excuses. You were one guy I could trust and thought you actually cared," I huffed, tears welling in my eyes.

"You can trust me, and I care about you more than you'll ever know."

"I don't believe you anymore," I sighed, looking away from him. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw his shoulders slump in defeat

"What to I have to do for you to let me back in?"

"I want you to leave me alone, for good," I stated, still attempting to wriggle out of his grasp on my arm.

"Why don't you listen and leave her alone," Sam gritted through his teeth from behind Cade.

"I don't think we were talking to you, so why don't you run along and mind your own damn business," Cade said, finally dropping his grip on me to face Sam.

"You do realize you just earned yourself a detention, right?" Sam said, glaring at Cade.

"Are you stalking us? You always seem to be there while Alice and I are together, get your own girl you pervert," Cade growled, causing Sam's face to fall.

"I am a teacher, and this is a hallway right by my room. I'm not sure of your math capability, but put two and two together," Sam retorted, the glare back on his face.

My jaw dropped at how they were talking to each other. They definitely knew one another somehow, but I just didn't know how. Sam was an AP English teacher, and Cade took regular English.

Cade scoffed before shouldering past Sam and continued down the hallway.

"What was that about?" I questioned.

"I was on my way to the bathroom and I saw him grabbing you."

"It just seems like you guys know each other."

"Can't say I do know him," he stated. Something in his eyes just told me he was not being honest, but I'd get to the bottom of it.

Next chapter will be "April 2014" cont.

Short chapter, but an important one. This chapter is hinting at some pretty big plot twists coming up in The Girl Next door. Comment your thoughts and theories! <3