October 2013

picture is Cade Andrews

It was Halloween and I sat in my room tidying up my costume. Cade was being The Mad Hatter and I was dressing up as Alice In Wonderland. I saw Cade's Jeep pull into my driveway and immediately raced downstairs to greet him. I was probably the worst girlfriend on the planet, considering I had kissed Sam multiple times upon his arrival home.

"Hey, you look sexy," he smiled before pecking my lips, opening the passenger door for me to climb in. Cade's older cousin was hosting a party at their family cabin, and he was allowed to invite whoever he wanted.

The drive to Cade's cabin was about forty five minutes, and we were relieved when we finally arrived. We walked up to the the door, hands intertwined. I didn't realize how serious Cade' cousin took parties until a large bouncer stamped my left hand. When we entered the cabin, it was full to the brim of people. Music was pounding throughout the house, and colorful strobe lights flashed through the room. We waited for Jamie, Liam, Ryder, and Grayson to arrive. We had all been friends since we met in first grade, except for Cade who had only recently moved here.

When they finally did arrive, we migrated to the drink table. While my friends all went for beers and wine coolers, I went for a can of pepsi. I didn't like the taste nor the effects of alcohol, so I steered clear of it. I was also deemed the designated driver for the night.

"Little cousin aren't you and your pals a little young for the drink table," Cade's cousin chuckled.

"Piss off, Luke, you were an alcoholic at the age of fifteen," Cade growled, but couldn't help suppress a smile.

"Ouch little man, you and your group of tweens have fun."

"We are actually seventeen and eighteen!" Jamie shouted over the blaring music. Luke just shook his head and ran off to a group of people.

"Is that Mr. Canter?" Ryder questioned over the commotion.

"Ew what the hell is he doing here," Grayson scoffed with a disgusted look.

Sam's eyes met mine, and everything in that moment slowed down. It felt like I was trapped in some romantic chick-flick. I came back to reality when my vision was blocked by Cade, who placed his lips on mine. I placed my hands on either side of his face, careful not to ruin the large Mad Hatter hat he was sporting on top of his head.

"I love you," he whispered in my ear, kissing it after.

I met Sam's gaze once again, however there was a pained expression plastered on his face. I attempted to look away and have fun.

A few minutes later though I was standing alone at the drink table; Cade was in line for the restroom, Jamie was off snogging some guy, Ryder was attempting to get in to college girl's pants, Grayson went of to find food, and Liam ditched the party.

"We have a young one here fellas," a boy, college I presumed, stated earning chuckles from his group of friends.

"We all know how hot and bothered those virgins get," another boy in the group shouted.

"No fair, I saw her first. I'm Mason by the way," the boy who originally talked to me whined. My heartbeat quickened as I silently begged for one of my friends to return.

"How about we all take turns," another boy in the pack suggested. No. No. Please god, no.

"Challenge: no more than ten minutes to do the deed," one commented gaining nods and fist bumps from the whole group. As they all talked to each other, I made an attempt at escape. My plan miserably failed when four of them grabbed me tightly, restraining me from going anywhere. Silent tears fell down my cheeks, praying they would not succeed with their plans.