Chapter 23 - Walk

Dalton Serano

I was about to say something when her phone rang, she immediately picked it up.

"Sergio." She broke down after she called his name.

"Can you pick me up? I'm at the Port Hercule viewpoint. I forgot our hotel name and got lost." She said as she walked away. I couldn't find strenght to even move my feet to follow her anymore.

I was indeed a jerk and I just realized it today.

I quickly caught up with her and gave a big space between us. She put her phone back into her pocket and wiped her tears. My phone rang and I took it out from my pocket.

It was Kelliane but I pressed the red button right away.

"Ellie." I called and she ignored me.

"Ellie.." I called her again still she ignored me. I ran to her and stood right in front of her. She looked up to me and her eyes were already puffy.

"I was jealous." I admitted and I really threw away my ego for this.

"I was jealous when I saw you with Vincent at the bar. I was there with Kelliane when I saw you." I said and she took a step back.

"How can I not ask you about it? I was jealous, I want to know. I don't know what to do that I just went crazy towards you! I don't like it.. I don't like it when you share things with other men. You're my girlfriend!"

"How can I not get mad when you told me that you will sleep with Sergio?!"

"I was saying that like you told me about going to Harvard. Bullshitting.." She said in a cold voice.

"Well not for me, I took it seriously. I can imagine it in my head that I don't even want to admit it how much I don't want you to go!" I said and she chuckled sarcasticly.

"You're making this all up and you're expecting me to believe it. You fucked up already, Dalton." She said and her phone rang. She took it out and it showed Sergio's name on the screen.

"Don't even try to talk to me again, I hate you." She said and then she walked away.

Deandra Serano

"I think Dalton is here to kill people." I said and my father turned to me.

"What?" My father asked.

"What do you mean?" My mother asked and I gestured them to see him. Dalton was sitting with Kelliane but he was eyeing someone. Kelliane was busy talking but Dalton completely ignoring her.

"Why is he like that?" My mother asked.

"Is he gay?" I asked and my father chocked on his food. I turned to him and my mother quickly patted his back.

"What? You have a problem with that?" I raised my eyebrows.

"No, but.. why do you think that?" He asked after taking a sip of water.

"Because I hate to think that he likes Ellie, I prefer to think that he likes Sergio instead." I said and my mother laughed.

"He's fucking pathetic! Yesterday, he was following her like a lost puppy. I don't like Kelliane either and if he ends up with her, we should throw him out and erase him from the family."

"So.. he's in love? How is that possible? They both never interact." My mother asked completely clueless.

"By the end of the event, he will explode. I will guarantee that.." My father said confidently.

"Listen old man, you should stop watching gossip girl. You're acting like the narrator.."

Ellie Lexington

I looked at the horse in front of me and turned to Sergio. Sergio gestured me to touch the white horse and I reached my hand out.

"Don't worry, don't be scared." Sergio chuckled.

"I'm scared." Sergio held my hand and slowly put it on the horse.

"See.. he's nice." I patted the horse.

"Let's ride it. It would be fun, trust me." He said and I turned to him nodding. He helped me get on the horse and then he got on it with me. Sergio hugged me from the back as he controlled it.

"You're still nervous?"

"Yeah and how can you play polo like this?" I asked.

"Oh that's a really fun part.." He said and I turned to him smiling. He made a U turn and I saw Dalton and Kelliane coming out from the stable riding their horses. They both got a polo stick.

Of course, they both are the perfect couple. I bet Kelliane is good at polo. 

"Sergio!" We both turned to see his friends waving at him and gestured to him to practice polo.

"You should go." I said as I turned to him. "We can to sailing later in the evening." I said and he nodded. He got down first and then he helped me to go down.

"Have fun." I smiled and waved at him.

"I'll pick you up later, let's go sailing."

"Of couse." I said and he left me. I walked towards the stable to check out some horses before going back to the hotel.

My eyes landed on a beautiful all black horse, I walked closer to it. I reached out my hand and patted it.

"You want to ride him?" I flinched and turned around to see Dalton approaching me with his horse.

"I don't want to talk to you." I said as I took a step back from the horse.

"You don't need to talk to me, we can just ride it together." He said and I shook my head. Dalton put his horse back to it's stable and then opened the black horse's stable. He took it out and I was captivated by how beautiful it is.

"His name is Blue, it's Deandra's horse." He said as I patted it's neck.

"You like him?" He asked but I didn't bother to answer. Before I knew it, he picked me up and put me on Blue. I turned to him disbelief and he smirked. He led the horse out to the other side of the stable towards a small trail. I was shaking from holding on to the rope because I was scared but I don't want to tell Dalton about it.

I took a really deep breath and let it out slowly. He suddenly held my hand and kept walking without saying anything.

"I'm here. It's okay, I'm here."