Chapter 7 - Streets

Ellie Lexington

Dalton was judging at me so hard with his eyes when I can't even install a new application on my laptop. He gave me a look that I was so dumb to even begin with that he had to take over.

I was sitting beside him learning how to install it on my laptop. He put my laptop on the table as we're both waiting for it to install.

"Want to watch a movie?" I asked and he nodded. I grabbed my remote and let him choose any movie that he likes. I linked my arm around his and looked at him completely admiring him.

"World War Z, will you be okay with that?" He asked and I nodded.

Dalton Serano

15 minutes into the movie, she fell asleep. Not only that, she slept with her mouth open and started to snore. I looked at this woman disbelief and don't have any other option to turn off the TV.

I slowly laid her on the sofa and then checked if the app already finish downloading. There's still 3 minutes left and I decided to see her laptop background.

It was my Harvard graduation photo. She got it from my social media and using it as her laptop background. I turned to her and sighed. I found myself looking at the white roses on the table.

"Loser." I whispered.

I waited for the app to finish downloading and closed her laptop. I got up and walked towards the door. I turned to her one last time and found myself standing there a few seconds.

I walked towards her and picked her up carrying her to her bedroom. I laid her on the bed and put the blanket on her. I looked around her room and her room is so neat.

She got everything in place and nothing was scattered around like in the living room and even in the dining room.

I walked out and turned off the lights. As I was about to open the door, her phone rang. It was placed in the living room table. I looked at the caller ID and it's Sergio.

"Respect her privacy." I said it to myself and walked out from the room.

The next day..

I just finished my meeting and walked out from my office planning to go to the cafeteria. I saw Deandra coming out from her office and I checked the time.

Isn't she suppose to have a meeting with Ellie? I saw the schedule. I checked my phone and there's already a text message from Ellie. I forgot to check it because I was in a long meeting.

I decided to call her to ask her why Deandra cancelled the meeting or maybe her.

"Hello." I even checked the caller ID to see if I dial the right person or not.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Ellie is sleeping, she's sick. I'll let her know when she's awake." With that he hung up the call. That must be Sergio, I mean.. I'll just call later at night.

They should be bonding, the faster they bond.. the faster Ellie will be done with me.

Ellie Lexington

I just woke up from a long nap and still not feeling well. I got a really bad headache and a bad cramp. I walked out from my bedroom and Sergio already went home.

I grabbed my phone and decided to call Dalton. I miss him already and maybe I can ask him to come over.

"Hello." I smiled when he picked up.

"Where are you?" I asked as I grabbed a glass of water.

"At the office, why?"

"Can you come over? I miss my boyfriend." I said as I took a sip of my water.

"Not now, I'm busy. I have another meeting in an hour."

"Oh."

"I thought Sergio was there, he picked up the call earlier." Great, I bet he wants me to hang out with Sergio more. He knew he doesn't have to fill the space if Sergio is around.

"Never mind." I ended the call completely pissed. I decided to get change from my baggy ass clothes into wearing a hoodie and sweat pants. I grabbed my purse and walked out from my apartment.

I took a walk thinking that it will help my headache and my bad period cramp. I went to the pharmacy to buy some medicine because the medicine that Sergio bought didn't work at all.

I even went to a restaurant to eat their tomato soup. I mean it helped a little with my cramps. I walked back towards my apartment and tried to go back as soon as possible. My stomach hurt so much.

"Ellie! Are you okay?" I looked up to see Deandra running towards me. She helped me by wrapping my arm around her shoulder and she held on to my waist.

"Why are you outside?"

"I was just eating dinner and bought some medicine." I said as she helped me get into the lift.

"I was worried about you." She said and I nodded. We walked out from the lift and walked towards my unit. I put in the passcode and walked inside with her. She helped me lay on the sofa.

Deandra ran to the kitchen grabbing something. She ran back to me with a glass of water. She helped me open the medicine and I drank it.

"Are you sure you don't want to go to the doctor?" She asked as she put her hand on my forehead.

"No, I'll be fine. You know my period.." I said.

"How about you lay on your bed? You can sleep in until the morning.."

"It's okay." I smiled as I sat up and leaned to my sofa.

"Do you need anything, Deandra? Did I send you something wrong? Or maybe you want to edit something?" I asked as I turned to her.

"No, I just want to check on you." She said and I nodded.

"Thank you, if you didn't come earlier.. I would die on the streets."