Chapter 16 - Regrets

Dalton Serano

As I was talking to Kelliane, I moved my chair a little toward the window so I could have a glipse of Ellie and that man. I want to know if she knows that I'm here and decided to tail me.

As the time progress, I was not listening to what Kelliane said. I kept glancing at Ellie who was talking to that man non-stop. He was caressing her head, pinching cheeks and even cupping her face.

Ellie even laughing so hard when she was with him. He even put his arm around her and have her lean to his chest.

"Are you bothered by that people?" Kelliane asked.

"No." I turned to her and tried to smile.

"By the way, are you free for lunch tomorrow?" I asked trying to change the topic so she wouldn't go there again. Her face lit up immediately.

"Yes, I'm free."

"Let's eat together and I will text you the address later on." I said and then we continued to talk about engineer. I kept glancing at Ellie and that man as we're talking about future plans about engineering.

Ellie got up from her seat waiting for the man. Once the man got up, she linked her arm to him. They walked out together and this confirmed that she didn't know I was here. It made sense too with their seating. I can clearly see her but her seating prevented her from having a view towards me.

"Excuse me, I need to go to the toilet." I said and Kelliane nodded. I got up and walked out from the bar. I saw Ellie and that man walking towards the lift. I quickly made my way to the toilet and just stood behind the wall.

"So.. why are you still trying to hold on to him?" I heard that man said.

"Vincent, I love this man. I would give my whole world to him. I have been having sleepless nights ever since he told me that this week he would be seeing someone who has a potential to be his woman."

"He doesn't deserve you. He will never understand how much you sacrifice for him." He said.

"I will never be able to keep up with him, I will never. I'm scared that he's not coming back to me because somehow I know he would like that woman."

"You have Sergio. Try to open up to him, he's a great guy. I know I might sound bragging best friend but I'm being serious. Not like Dalton who is basically an arrogant shit head, Sergio cares about you." The lift arrived and I heard the door opens.

"I'm going to Milan tomorrow with Sergio. I guess I just have to open up to him and try to forget about Dalton for a couple of days." I heard Ellie and then I heard the door closed.

I had a really mix feelings about hearing that conversation.

I went back to Kelliane and looked out the window. I grabbed my drink and sipped it.

"Have you encounter someone who is below your standard?" I asked as I turned to her. She looked out the window and nodded.

"He was my senior in uni." She bit her bottom lip and then she turned to me.

"He had all the things that I don't have and I got all the things that he doesn't have." Kelliane let out a sarcastic chuckle.

"I'm someone who is always think logically. I always calculate things and try to do my best in everything but I was lacking in emotions."

"What do you mean lacking in emotions?" I asked because her statement interest me so much.

"Everything always run smoothly for me, I don't know or understand how people fight for something and their emotions to something."

"He, Mike, worked a lot of part time jobs to go on dates with me. He knew I don't go to places that serve cheap meals. He would work for 3-4 days and then go on a date with me with that money." Kelliane looked out the window.

"Giving up was not in his dictionary and I fell for that. We completed each other, I could take care of myself but he didn't. He's smart but he lacked in a certain class that I'm excel in. He decided to break up with me when I just start falling for him. I couldn't accept that feeling, my ego and pride was so big that.. I was going on range and trying to ruin him in a lot of ways." Kelliane sighed.

"Why did he that?"

"I guess he started to get tired. It took me do long to understand my feelings and let it grow. He had enough and he found someone else immediately after that.. he's married now." She let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Did you regret it?" I asked and she looked up to me.

"Yeah. That was my biggest regret in life, someone like him is pretty rare. It's not easy to find someone who would fight for you and try to keep up with you. I guess that why I don't want to get involved with someone like that."

"Sorry for ranting.. I guess the alcohol got me good." She said as she grabbed her drink.

"Denial will be our biggest enemy. People like us will always go through that denial stage. I've been denying a lot of things in life but my biggest regret was denying my feelings to Mike. Sometimes I've always imagine if I told about my feelings earlier, we would be married right now and maybe have kids together."

"You'll find someone better."

"And I hope that someone would be you, Dalton." She smiled.

"I hope so too but we need to know more about each other first. I'm the type who is talking slow when it comes to something like this." I said truthfully.

"Me too. This time.. I will try to be vocal about how I feel so I won't have any more regrets in the future."