Chapter 19 - Denial

Dalton Serano

Ellie stopped me and she looked at me angrily. She got off the bed and grabbed a hoodie from her closet. She put it on and she walked to me.

"Let's get things straight, Dalton." She said as she sat on the bed again.

"I don't know if you're pretending that last night didn't happen or you really forgot but one thing for sure, you can't stop me from going. We both signed on a contract where you and I can't get jealous and have to respect each other's privacy. Do you forget or maybe you got an amnesia for that?"

I was indeed pretending. I don't know what got me after last night, I don't like how she could easily say that she prefers to go with Sergio and break up with me than to stay and keep our relationship going.

Last night with Vincent was not a pleasant sight to see. She let him touch her everywhere, she clearly forgot she has a boyfriend that moment. Even though I met up with Kelliane, I didn't go around touching, hugging and kissing her.

She crossed the line.

I know she wasn't playing with her words. I could just let her go with Sergio and thinks that she just saying shit to make me pissed but last night, I could see that she was not playing around.

I know she won't hesitate to go and do it.

"You came here last night bragging how perfect Kelliane Mikos is and now you're here fucking me. In the end of the day, I'm only a joke to you huh? I'm easy for you huh?" She asked as tears filled her eyes.

"Are you having fun playing with my feelings? Does it gives you satisfaction?" She asked and I found myself couldn't answer the question.

"I've loved you for more than 8 years, Dalton. I thought you're a good person and someone that I can look up to, I guess I was wrong. I never knew that you're this evil and only trying to ruin me." She cried so hard that I could feel my heart aching.

"I was ready to give you the world even though you treated me like shit from the start. I was ready to give everything and try to be someone that can stand beside you without you being ashamed."

"I've worked hard. Building my own company, trying to live on my own, worked hard to get into Harvard and even try to be beautiful so I won't be someone humilliating."

"I know you're doing this to proof me but I should have not accept it in the first place. I regretted it, Dalton. I regretted every second of my life for loving you. I regretted it for loving someone who can't even appreciate people."

"I'm sorry that I can't be like Kelliane who is so perfect, who is simillar and someone who is able to relate to you." She said as she wiped her tears.

"I want you to get out of my life, Dalton. I don't want to see you anymore. I will forgive everything that you did to me as long as you don't show up in front of my face again." She said as she looked into my eyes.

"You don't deserve me and will never will, Dalton Serano." With that I gathered my clothes and wore it. I looked at her one last time hoping that she would stop me but she didn't. I got out from her bedroom grabbing my phone and wallet on the living room table.

I walked out from her apartment and went straight home.

Ellie Lexington

After Dalton left, I grabbed my phone and dialed Sergio's number. I told him that I will go straight to Lake Como tomorrow and made an excuse that I have an emergency meeting today.

After calling Sergio, I called Jinny.

"Yes, Ms. Lexington."

"Find me another apartment, I want to move within a week. I want to change my number too and I want you to banned Dalton Serano from all events that our company made."

Declan Serano

When my son joined the meeting, he was already 20 minutes late. I was going to scold him after the meeting but I noticed something was wrong with him. Throughout the meeting, he was just looking at the table blankly.

After the meeting ended, I stopped him from going out.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked.

"I drank too much alcohol last night."

"Just because you just get laid last night, doesn't mean you can come to the meeting late." I said as I turned off the projector. He looked up to me and let out a sarcastic chuckle.

"You like Kelliane huh?" I asked.

"I like her a lot." He said nodding.

"Then you should stop seeing Ellie." I said and his eyes widen.

"She has someone that she's going to marry already and besides if you like Kelliane, you should spend more time with her. You could move in with her if you want to."

"Do you really have to butt into my private life?" He asked in a cold tone.

"I have to since you're going around hurting people."

"Hurting people? Is it my fault that they fall for me? I gave then motivation for them to be better!" He raised his voice.

"It's not your fault that they fell in love with you but you shouldn't be acting that you're perfect and be arrogant with it." I hissed.

"Didn't I make you proud because I'm perfect? I have what you want in a son. I bet everyone is dying to have a son like me!"

"The world doesn't revolves around you, Dalton. Just because you're quote on quote perfect, doesn't mean you have to make everyone around you to be one. You have a lot of flaws and I think you're the only one who can't see it." I said and he looked at me disbelief.

"It's good if you like Kelliane, you both are so perfect with each other that you can be a power couple right away if you date her. I'll give you three months, you will get bored and end things with her."

"Are you expecting me to be with Ellie?" He asked.

"No, no one wants you to be with her. You don't even give her the chance to show how much she's so much better than you. You really need to stop seeing someone from your idea of an ideal woman and give them a chance to shine because you will surprise how much someone like Ellie can make you go crazy and won't be able to sleep."

"Bullshit." Dalton hissed and then he left the meeting room.

"Go ahead and deny it, you'll see it will fuck you up."