Chapter 2 - Not Perfect

Dalton Serano

As soon as I got back to Paris, my father told me to help my sister handle her business because she recently got into an accident that requires her to rest for a month.

Deandra has a business in beauty products and I have to work with a company called Vinece. I have zero knowledge about this company because I just landed in Paris 3 days ago. I wasn't expecting to take over Deandra's work right away.

Today, I'm going to meet the CEO of Vinece and then I have to go to Alfie and Callie's wedding later in in the afternoon with my whole family.

I drove my car to Vinece's office and as soon as I arrived, they greeted me. They led me to the meeting room and I looked out the window because the weather today is fantastic.

"Good morning, Mr. Serano." I turned my body around to see none other that Ellie Lexington. She smiled at me and her presence caught me out of guard.

"Ellie?"

"Hi, Dalton." She said as she walked over me putting her hand in front of me. I took it and and she gestured me to sit down. We both sitting facing each other and as she's getting ready for the meeting, I had time to study her.

She looks mature and much more beautiful than she was in highschool. Her hair was short back then but now, it falls to her waist. She looks proper and professional with her office attire.

"Do you want tea or coffee?" She suddenly asked.

"Tea, please. Thanks." She texted someone and not long after I assumed her secretary brought in two cups of tea.

"I'm sorry for what happened to Deandra." She turned to me and I nodded.

"Let's get started." She smiled as she gestured me to look at the big screen. She started her presentation on how she will present Deandra's products and how she recommends a lot of type of packaging to attract consumer. She even told me that Deandra doesn't need to make an ad on TV or youtube. She recommended to use instagram and Tiktok influencers especially beauty gurus.

She changed a lot.

That's my first impression after 7 years not seeing her. It's like she's a different woman. She knows how to work professionally and she knows how to express her opinions. The way she talks, it shows that she's an intelligent person.

"Lastly, I was thinking about throwing a launching party and inviting people or we can make a PR packages and sent them out 1-2 weeks before the official launching happens. What do you think?" She asked me and I nodded.

"PR packaging is more promising to me because they will eventually promote it since the product is already known publicly. It's just we have to think it through how we will present it." I suggested and she wrote it down.

"Because DELORE is luxury brand for middle class and upper class people, I think we should take it to another level for the PR packagings." She said and then she looked up to me.

"Okay. I like your concept and I want you to send me this to my email and maybe forward it to Deandra's email too. I will talk to her about this." I said.

"Great." She said.

"So you're the CEO of this company?" I asked.

"Yes." She smiled before getting back to her iPad writing something on it.

"Oh! I heard you graduated recently, congratulations!" She said as she looked up to me and I was surprised that she knew.

"Thanks."

"Are you going to Alfie and Callie's wedding?" I asked.

"I will but I might be a little late."

"Oh okay." I said and she closed her iPad.

"I think that's all for today, I will be waiting for your feedback or maybe hear it from Deandra." She said and I nodded. I got up from my seat and Ellie put her hand in front of me. I took it and she smiled.

"My secretary will escort you downstairs." She said as she walked to the door opening it. I walked out first and Ellie walked behind me.

"Jinny, please escort Mr. Serano down." Ellie said.

"Ellie!" I turned to see her parents already waiting for her in the waiting room with a man in suits.

"Father Mother, I told you to come in an hour." She said as she hugged them.

"Mr. Serano." I turned to her secretary who already gestured me to get into the lift.

"Ellie, this is Sergio. Sergio, this my daughter, Ellie."

"Mr. Serano." I turned to her secretary and walked into the lift.

"Nice to meet you, Sergio." I heard Ellie said and then the door closed.

"Who is that man?" I turned to her secretary.

"Mr. and Mrs. Lexington is arranging Ms. Lexington with a rich businessman from Greece." She said and I raised my eyebrows hearing it.

"Arranging her? She's still young." I said.

"She agreed to it. They will get married soon." The lift door opened and I walked out from the lift. Her secretary opened the door for me and I walked out from the building.

"Thank you, Mr. Serano." She said and left me alone. I got into my car and felt uneasy for a split moment.

Arranged marriage? In this era? What is this Bridgerton?

I got into my car and called Deandra. She picked it up right away and I explained to her what Ellie said earlier.

"I will review the file later." Deandra said.

"Okay."

"So.. how was it?" Deandra asked in a teasing tone.

"What?"

"Isn't she beautiful? I wish she could be my sister-in-law." I rolled my eyes even though she can't see it.

"You know I'm look-"

"I know.. I know you're looking for a woman who is on the same level as you. I know.. you want a woman who graduated from Ivy League, I know. Geez, I will be praying that you will die single." She hissed.

"You're not even perfect, why are you looking for someone perfect to be with you?!" She said in a cold tone before hanging up the call.

"What's with her?" I looked at me phone completely confused.