Chapter 6 - Try Again

Ellie Lexington

"Why so early?" I opened the door for Dalton and he looked at me not liking what he saw. I opened the door widely and he walked in.

"Ellie, it's 10. How are you not ready for work yet?" He asked as he looked around my apartment.

"You complain a lot, Dalton." I said as I walked to the kitchen grabbing a glass of water for him and grabbed a small carton of milk for myself. I walked towards him and gave him the water.

"You can have a meeting with me at 9 yesterday." He said as I opened my milk. I sat on the sofa and started drinking it.

"It's because I want to look proper, I don't want you to judge me after not seeing each other for 7 years." I said and he sighed. He looked around my apartment completely judging everything.

"You know.. you can back off." I said knowing that he won't.

"Why are you here?" I asked and he walked back to me. He sat down on the sofa in front of me.

"We have to make rules between us." He said.

"Rules for?"

"This relationship." He leaned his body back to the sofa.

"Why are you making everything so difficult?" I asked as I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"We have to make rules so we don't go across each other's boundaries." I got up and grabbed 2 papers and 2 black markers. I sat down on the ground and put the papers and markers on the table.

"You can go first." I said.

"We keep it all of this a secret." He said as he wrote it in his paper. I wrote it down too.

"Respect each other's privacy." He added.

"Don't get clingy or jealous." He said as he glanced at me. I wrote everything that he said and I don't have any objection towards any of it. I think it's a pretty good idea to set this rules.

"You really making it obvious that we're dating just to proof that you're a man of your words." I said as I looked straight into his eyes.

"I will never break this, I make this for you." He said pointing at the paper and I nodded.

"You can add more rules." He said and I shook my head. I signed it and gave it to him. He signed his and gave it to me.

"You're not going to work?" He asked.

"I will in an hour, boyfriend." I said in a sarcastic tone and I got up from the ground.

"I'm going to work." He announced.

"Have dinner with me tonight." I said as I turned to him.

"Okay." He then proceed to walk out from my apartment. I put my phone down and sighed.

What am I doing? What are you doing, Ellie? I thought you said that your love for him is not about owning. I don't know if this is a good idea or not.

My phone rang and it's Sergio.

"Hello."

"Hey." I said as I walked to my window.

"Up for lunch?"

"Sure! Text me the place and I'll go there." I said.

"Great, see you!" I ended the call and jumped into the shower right away.

Dalton Serano

"What are you doing?!" I turned to Deandra and she ran to me grabbed DELORE's files away from me.

"I'm doing my work." I said.

"Don't even think about seeing Ellie again, I gave you a chance yesterday but you ruined it." She glared at me.

"Whatever you say." I said raising my hands.

"I really hate to even say that you're my brother." She hissed and I rolled my eyes. I checked the time and it's already time to get off of work.

I walked out from Deandra's office and went straight down to the basement. I got into my car and texted Ellie that I'm going to her house now.

The reason why I'm dating this woman is because I want to proof her that I'm a man with my words. She got into Harvard even though she dropped last minute, she did work hard.

Besides we won't go for a long run. I will eventually get sick of her. She's so far from my type and she's going to get married with this man named Sergio anyway.

I pressed on her door bell and she opened the door. I raised my eyebrows seeing her all dress up. She has a full makeup on, her hair curled and even wearing a dress.

"Are we going to eat outside?" I asked and she shook her head.

"No, I bought sushi and ramen already." She said as she gestured me to go inside. I saw a bouquet of white roses on the living room table and I turned to her.

"Wait for me at the dining table, I'm going to change." She said and I nodded. She walked to her bedroom and I walked to the dining room to see all the food already on the table.

"So.. did Deandra say anything?" She asked as she came out from her bedroom with a baggy hoodie.

"No, not yet." I said and she clapped her hands as she pulled the seat right across me. She pulled her hoodie sleeves to her elbow.

"Did you somewhere earlier?"

"Meet up with Sergio." She said as she grabbed a piece of salmon. I looked at her raising my eyebrows.

"Planning the wedding?"

"No, not yet. We're just getting to know each other." She said without looking at me.

"Oh! Speaking about work.." She got up and walked away. I grabbed a bowl of ramen and started eating it. She came back with her laptop and put it on the table.

When she opened her laptop, I was surprised to see my photo as her laptop background. She used the one when I graduated from Harvard. She didn't even bother when I saw it. She opened a file showing me a design sample of the PR package.

"What do you think?" She asked and I turned to her.

"Not unique at all, you should try another design."