Chapter 3 - Good

Ellie Lexington

I arrived at Alfie and Callie wedding when they're saying their vows to each other. I sat at the back and can't hide my smile seeing her so happy. Alfie was crying as he said his vows to her and I felt so touch.

I'm jealous.

Alfie and Callie dated back in junior year and I'm glad that they both got married. Last year, they moved to Melbourne because of Alfie's work and I'm glad that she's back to have their wedding here in Paris. I'm so happy that I can come and witness this beautiful woman.

When they announced them as husband and wife, I cried more. They're such a perfect couple and  back then, I always told them that if they don't get married, I will stop believing in love.

"Callie!" I called her and she turned to me. I hugged her tightly.

"You look stunning!" I said squealing with her. Alfie let out a cough and I turned to him.

"Congratulations, you two!" I gave him a brief hug.

"Was it magical?" Callie asked.

"It was more than magical, you two are meant to be together!" I said as I held her hands tightly.

"Alfie and Callie, congratulations!" I turned to see Deandra walking with a crutch and I held on to her.

"Thanks." She smiled to me. Deandra hugged Callie and then gave Alfie a hug.

"I'm so happy for you two!" Deandra said and Callie held her hand. I helped Deandra by holding on to her waist.

"Thanks, Deandra." Alfie smiled.

"You should introduce me to your cousins, their hot!" Deandra said and I chuckled.

"I will! I will introduce them to the both of you!" Callie said as Alfie took her away to greet other guests. Deandra turned to me and chuckled.

"I sound so desperate, huh?"

"No, I mean.. they're hot!" I said as I helped her by putting her arm around my shoulder.

"What happened, D?" I asked as I pointed at her left leg that was wrapped in bandaged.

"Fell down in the office and ended up a cracked ankle."

"Let's sit down!" I said as I slowly guided her to an empty seat.

"I'm sorry that you had to meet with Dalton this morning, is he mean to you?" She asked as I helped sit down. I grabbed her crutch and leaned it to the table.

"Don't be sorry, Deandra. He's not mean at all."

"Really? He didn't bully you about what happened 7 years ago right?" Deandra whispered and I chuckled.

"No, he didn't. It's in the past." I said trying to lie to myself.

To be honest, I felt uncomfortable with the thoughts of seeing him again. I was nervous and tried to not be obvious about it. If you ask if I still have feeling for him or not, the answer is yes.

How can you forget your first love easily?

He was my roll model, I look up to him a lot. I always wanted a guy like him to be my boyfriend but I guess someone like him doesn't think I'm capable to stand beside him.

In his eyes, I will never be as equal as him. He's perfect in my eyes, there's no flaws in him. When he told me to follow him to Harvard, I saw it as an opportunity to proof him wrong.

And in the end.. I got in. I got the acceptance letter a year later but I decided not go.

It didn't feel right back then. As much as I love him, I'm not the right person for him. For me, loving him is not about owning him. He deserves so much more.

"He's dumb, you know.." I looked up to Deandra.

"Huh?"

"Dalton should regret for rejecting you." Deandra said and I shook my head.

"It's in the past, Deandra. Let's not talk about it." I smiled as I grabbed a glass of champagne from the waiter that past by.

Deandra Serano

I heard from Callie that Ellie was actually got into Harvard 6 years ago. After my brother told her to follow him to Harvard, she studied night and day to get in and proof Dalton that she can or she is capable to be on the same level as him. She wanted him so badly that she just go for it without complaining.

In my eyes, Ellie deserves more than Dalton. Dalton is a jerk who is so full of himself. He always thinks that the world revolves around him. He always wants to be perfect.

The perfect son, the perfect brother and the perfect leader.

I guess faking my injuries didn't do anything to these two. It seemed Ellie has moved on and Dalton just does not care. Callie told me a lot about Ellie especially her progress in trying to go to Harvard.

It ruined her.

Her journey wanting to go to Harvard ruined her. It took down her confident, it took down her spirit and just ruined the real Ellie. Callie told me that Ellie used to be a rebel girl. She's rebel in a sense that she's vocal about her opinions and knows what's best for her. She used to go against her parents in some aspect but after she passed Harvard, she was nothing but an obedient girl. 

Callie said that the Ellie that she knows now.. is always trying to impress people and wanting to be accepted especially from someone who has a similar status as Dalton.

I blamed my brother for that.

If Dalton changes his mind one day, I would be the first person to object it. Dalton doesn't deserves Ellie at all. I told my mother about this and she agreed with me.

She told me that Dalton is too similar to my father. They work with logic not with their emotions. They don't consider other people's feelings sometimes.

"Should we introduced ourselves to Callie's cousin?" I asked Ellie and she raised her eyebrows.

"We can go there and introduced ourselves. We have to pick the cute ones before other people trying to take them." I said as I grabbed her hand and she shook her head chuckling.

"I'll take you there, Deandra, but I'm not.. introducing myself to them."

"Why?"

"My parents already arranged me with a businessman from Greece. He's cute too." Good, very good.