Chapter 9 - With You

Dalton Serano

I washed all the dishes and cleaned up the dining table. I proceed to clean her living room too. It's a definition of a disaster seeing it. I can't even believe that I'm doing this for her.

My phone rang and it's my father.

"Dalton! Where the hell are you?!"

"I'm-" I turned to the clock and shit!

"Sorry, I will be there in 20 minutes!" I said and ended the call. I washed my hands and grabbed my blazer. I walked from her apartment and quickly go straight to the office.

When I entered the meeting room, my parents were looking at me completely confused because I was never late into my meetings.

"I'm sorry." I quickly took over the meeting.

"Where did you go? Don't tell me you forgot that we have a meeting today?" My father asked after the meeting ends.

"I.. was just.." I turned to my mother who looked at me curiously.

"I slept in.. sorry." I lied.

"Good because this is my first time seeing my son acting like a human." My mother said as she glared at my father.

"What?" I looked at her disbelief.

"Deandra told me about someone named Ellie Lexington." I turned to my father and I can't help but want to smack my sister for telling my parents about Ellie.

"What about her?" I asked.

"Why are you so mean to her? How can you ask her to go to Harvard with you?" My father asked and I sighed.

"She asked me what she has to do to date me and that's my criteria."

"You will die single, Dalton." My mother said.

"Is it a crime to want someone who has the same vision and goals as you?" I looked at both of my parents disbelief. I pointed my fingers at the both of them.

"Father, you found someone like mother. Why can I do the same?"

"What do you mean by that?" My father asked.

"Mother is basically like you. You can find someone like her but why can't I? It's not like I'm going around fucking girls or even treat them badly!" I said and my mother sighed.

"If that's what you want, I have a woman who is so similar like you. Do you want me to introduce you to her?" She asked.

"I mean.. why not?"

"Great! We're having lunch next week and don't even think about ditching!" My mother got up from her seat and left the room leaving me with my father.

"Dalton." I turned to my father.

"I think you got the wrong idea of finding someone who is a perfect copy of you. I don't know why you think your mother and I are a perfect copy of each other, we don't have anything in common other than our skills."

"You're looking at a small picture rather than the big ones. Sometimes you need to lay back and enjoy the whole painting instead of standing so close to it and focus on one thing."

"I heard the whole story from Deandra about Ellie and I can say that I'm not proud of what you did. I even saw you rejecting a girl on the day of the graduation. Rejecting is fine and no one is forcing you to date all the girls who confessed but the way you treated them is the problem."

"Don't look down on people, Dalton. You might have the IQ and the brain to do anything and to achieve everything but you far more worse in terms of how you treat people and how you judge on people."

"Let's see when you meet the person that your mother wants to introduce you to. You will be surprise how much she's so similar to you."

Declan Serano

Something is going on with that kid. I've been watching his moves ever since my wife told me about Ellie. He should learn his lessons and not to treat woman like that.

I have someone tailing him and they told me that he's been going in and out to Ellie's house. He even called Billy this morning and I'm assuming that she's sick and he was late to the meeting because he's taking care of her.

Apparently after hiring a few people to give me details about Ellie's life, it was true that she got into Harvard. She then dropped it a few days before the class starts.

In the beginning of the year, she asked her parents to introduce her to their friends' sons. Her parents were confused by her request and recently she got introduced to Sergio Doukas.

I can't wait to introduce you to Kelliane, the perfect copy of you and let's see if you like her or not.

This is going to be interesting, son. I'm going to teach you a big lesson and I hope you will learn from it.

Ellie Lexington

As soon as I got up, I threw up. I really don't feel well and I could feel my head spinning so bad and my lower stomach still hurting.

I reached for my phone and the first name on the top of my call list was Sergio. He called me but I didn't get to answer because I was sleeping.

"Hello."

"Sergio, can you please come to my place?!" With that I blacked out.

I opened my eyes slowly and saw everything was white. I could hear Sergio calling my name and he rushed out. I turned my head and I was in the hospital.

"Fuck." I hissed as I turned to see an IV dripping beside me. A doctor and nurses came to me yo check on me. After they checked on me, they told Sergio that I need a lot of rest.

"Thank you." I said to Sergio and he nodded.

"Glad that you're okay now. Have a lot of rest, I will call your parents to let them know."

"Thank you." He tucked me and he smiled.

"Get more sleep, I will be here with you."