Chapter 17 - Anyway

Ellie Lexington

I was just going ready to sleep when my apartment door bell rang. I walked to the door and opened it. I never expected to be Dalton.

He walked in without saying anything to me and he plopped to my sofa. I looked at him disbelief.

"Dalton, it's almost midnight. Why are you here?" I asked as I closed the door.

"I found the perfect girl for me already." He said and that make my whole body went numb. He really came here to brag huh?

"What is she like?" I asked as I walked towards him. I said on the table in front of him.

"She's smart, an engineer too, really beautiful with long jet black hair. We both have a lot of similarities and clicked right from the get go." He said and I nodded.

"You.." He pointed his finger at me and that's when I know he's drunk. He didn't look drunk at all but now.. I can see that he's drunk.

"Don't even.." I said as I gestured not to say anything.

"If you come here to say that we're breaking up, I get it. You can go right away, Dalton. I'm tired and I have to get up early tomorrow." I said as I got up from my table. I wanted to cry so much that I wish he could leave now.

He grabbed my wrist and made me sit on his lap. He looked at me with his arrogant face.

"Who was the man in the bar earlier?" He asked and I raised my eyebrows.

"What?"

"You were at the bar earlier, who's the man?" He said as he leaned his face closer to me.

"Dalton, we agreed to not ask anything about each other private lives." I said and he chuckled.

"Kelliane Mikos, that's the name of the woman that I'm seeing right now." He said and my breath got hitch when I heard Kelliane's name. I know her and met her a few times on big events.

She's indeed a perfect woman for Dalton.

"Tell me his name!" I flinched when he started to raise his voice.

"No." I said as I looked straight into his eyes.

"No?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Why not? Is he your new target? So is it me? Sergio or him? Today you're hanging out with him and tomorrow you'll be going to Milan with Sergio huh? Such an amazing woman you are, Ellie Lexington!" That made me get off of him.

"You're drunk, I'm calling a taxi for you." I hissed but Dalton stopped me.

"If you dare to go to Milan with Sergio tomorrow, I'm breaking up with you." I turned to him disbelief and he looked up to me.

"Why should I listen to you? You don't have the rights to control who I'm meeting. You're fucking selfish, Dalton. You can go out with another woman when I can't? Isn't she has the potential to be your wife in the future? You should spend more time with her when I spend time with my potentially future husband." I pulled my hand away from his grip.

"Come on, Ellie. Let's be real.. you love me too much to even let me go. You even have sleepless nights thinking about me." He said as he got up towering me with his height.

"That's true but that won't stop me from going to Milan with Sergio. We're going to have a great time staying in his villa in Lake Como after having a meeting in Milan." I said as I put my hand on his chest. I could feel him breathing heavily.

"Do you know what will happen when a man and woman stay in the same villa for a few days?" I smirked and his eyes changed. He was not happy and I could see it clearly.

"You're going to fuck him?" He asked.

"I can't? You can fuck Kelliane if you want to! I don't mind at all, in the end of the day.. you're going to be hers anyway." I said as I took a step back.

"Why can't I fuck my own future husband?" I raised my eyebrows. His hands turned into fist and I let out a chuckle.

"Come on, Dalton. You're not jealous right? You have to respect my privacy." I said as I put my hand on my chest completely mocking him.

"Why would I be jealous?!" He hissed.

"That's what I thought and besides.. I already got off my birth control a few days ago and it's the perfect time for me to.. get pregnant. It would be fun to fuck beside the lake right? What do you think?" I was having fun mocking him.

"If you dare to go with him tomorrow, you will never see me again." He threatened me.

"I will go and you can just go. As much as I love you, I won't force someone to stay." I said as I looked straight into his eyes.

"Vincent made me realize that there's a lot of men who is so much better than you. If you think she's perfect for you, just go. I don't need you shitting me for not having the same brain and beautiful face as her. I know I'm not as perfect as her but I know I'm worth it."

"Do you want to know why I decided not to go Harvard when I already got there and even saw you in the soccer field?" I asked as I crossed my arms in front my chest. He was still trying to calm himself.

"I know from the second that I enroll into Harvard, your perspective of me will never change. You will never appreciate my hard work and you will never date me anyway. You even rejected someone who went to the same uni as you, you will eventually humilliate me too."

"I'm a man with my words, if you go.. I will date you." He said and I shook my head.

"You're here now to proof that but if you really a man with your words, you will treat me good and not trying to hurt me in a lot of ways. You will treat me as a real girlfriend and proof to me if you will never fall in love with me even after you treat me good and accept me for who I am." I said and he turned away.

"I'm going to Milan with Sergio tomorrow and continue to go to Lake Como after that. I don't care if you threatened me to break up with me, just do it. We will eventually break up anyway."

"I will do the same so you can how is it like to-"

"Do it, I don't mind at all. You're not even mine in the first place."