Chapter 5 - Date

Deandra Serano

I was sitting in my hotel room when my mother entered. She looked so worried and I felt bad for lying to her.

"Are you okay?" She asked and I chuckled.

"Mother, I'm not really sick." I said as I wiggled my ankle. She looked at me completely shock and looked at my ankle for a hot minute.

"Why did you do that?" She asked as she smacked my arm.

"I'm bored."

"You cheeky little girl!" She glared at me and I laughed.

"That Ellie girl, she brought you up here huh?" My mother asked as she sat beside me. She leaned her body back.

"Yeah."

"She's beautiful, you should introduce her to your brother." My mother said and I shook my head.

"Someone like her doesn't deserves Dalton, Dalton should rot in hell."

"Deandra Serano! How could you talk badly about your brother like that?!"

"He treated her like shit, mother."

"What? What do you mean by that?" My mother turned to me completely not liking what she just heard.

"What did he do?"

"She confessed to him that she likes him back in highschool. Confessed to him on Valentine's day in the school cafeteria."

"And then? He rejected her?"

"He told her to follow him to Harvard and he said he will consider it if she gets into Harvard." I said and from the look that my mother gave, she hates it. I bet she never thought her son would be so mean.

Don't blame him, he's just like my father.

"That boy!"

"Do you know what's sad mother?" I turned to her and she was waiting for me to tell her.

"She studied so hard day and night to get into Harvard. Once she got in, she decided not to go last minute." I said and my mother's jaw dropped to the floor.

"I agree with you, he doesn't deserves her."

Dalton Serano

I sat on the bench in the garden completely dumb found. She left me there with this unsettling feeling. I looked up to the sky and took a deep breath and letting it out slowly.

There's no reason for Leroy to lie. He doesn't get anything from lying about Ellie got accepted to Harvard but why did Ellie lie?

I got up and walked back to the wedding venue. I walked straight to the couple and I needed to confirm this or else, I will get bothered by it.

"Callie, I want to know something." I said and Callie turned to Alfie.

"What?"

"I want you to answer me honestly.." I looked straight into her eyes. "Did Ellie get into Harvard?" I asked and Callie immediately turned her head to Alfie.

"Why are you asking that?" Alfie asked.

"Did she get in or not?"

"What if she did? Why are you asking this like you care about her results?" Callie said as she raised her voice.

"So she did.." I said and Alfie sighed.

"You should talk to her, we don't have the rights to talk to you about something like this." Alfie said as he dragged Callie away. I looked around to find Ellie but she was nowhere to be found.

I decided to go up to my hotel room and found Deandra sitting on the sofa eating grapes. I sat on the sofa beside her.

"Why do you come up here? You have a lot of friends down there." She said.

"Not interested in socializing right now." I said because I'm still super confused.

"Why?"

"I'm not in the mood to talk, Deandra." I hissed.

"Why? Is it because you want to know if Ellie got into Harvard or not?" I turned to her that second and she glared at me.

"Have you ever thought that.. you could ruin someone's life?"

"What?"

"This is why I think love is stupid. She loves you so much that she lost herself in the process of trying to impress you." Deandra said in a cold tone.

"Good thing that she didn't go to Harvard in the end, I bet you will only break her heart more in the process. You and your big fat ego, I don't even want to claim you as my brother. You made me hate love because it ruins you!" With that Deandra got up and walked to her room. She even walked just fine! What the fuck?!

Ellie Lexington

I looked at the beautiful Eiffel tower and let out a long sigh. Seeing him again was a big mistake, it was a really big mistake and I regretted it.

My heart was hurting. He was right, I still like him.. or maybe the correct sentence is that I still love him.

I always wondered why can't I stop? I always wanted to stop loving him but it seemed I can't. I tried to date a couple of guys but always ends up not committed to it.

What exactly I was hoping? An acknowledgment? Regrets?

I guess agreeing to my parents was the best decision that I've ever made. Sergio seems to be like a nice guy.

From now on, I don't want to see Dalton's face ever again. I should tell Deandra that I would come to her if necessary instead of dealing with Dalton.

I thought I would be okay since it's been years but I guess I'm still not okay with it.

I need to learn how to let go. I really need to learn that.

Suddenly someone knocked on my door, I walked towards my door and opened it. I froze when I saw Dalton standing in front of my door. He was not happy judging by the look that he's giving me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked nervously.

"I know you got into Harvard, I want to keep my words.. if you let me." What?

"Are you drunk?" I asked.

"So?"

"You and your ego, Dalton Serano." I leaned my body to the door.

"Date me, be my girlfriend.." He said as he looked straight into my eyes.

"For what? To proof you that you're a man of your words?" I asked and he didn't answer it. I gestured him to come inside and he walked into my hotel room. I sat on the sofa and he sat facing me.

"Are you sure you're willing to date me?" I asked and he nodded.

"Fine, but let's do it my way then." I said and he looked at me nervously.

"Why? You want to back off? You're afraid that you will fall in love with me?" I raised my eyebrows. "I know you're doing this for your ego and your pride, Dalton." I hissed and he turned away.

"It's not too late to back off." I said challenging him.

"I'm not backing off."

"Good." I said as I got up and sat right beside him. I leaned closer to his face and grabbed his chin making him look at me.

"Don't fall in love with me Dalton, I have someone that I will marry in the end of the year. You already ruined my life enough." I whispered and then I crashed my lips to his.