Chapter 14 - Not Mine

Dalton Serano

"I think I want to break up, what do you think?" She asked.

"No." I don't know what's wrong with this woman but I'm pretty sure she's high because of the medicine. I stopped her hand that was caressing my cheek.

I pulled her closer and her face was right in front of mine. I kissed her and she kissed me back right away. I knew she's messing with me, how dare she wanted to break up with me.

I got up from my seat and pulled her to her bedroom. I laid her on the bed and continued it. I was mad at her that I started to kiss her more aggressively. I slowly trailed kisses to her neck and then back claiming her lips.

I was caught of guard when she flipped me making me lay on the bed. She looked at me and her eyes were different. Something changed within her and I couldn't get my finger on it.

"I want to make a bet with you." She said.

"What bet?"

"I bet you won't like the girl that you will meet next week." She said confidently and I let out a sarcastic chuckle.

"Why are so sure about that?"

"The perfect man means a perfect woman, it's already sounds boring." She said as she slowly leaned to me.

"What if I like her?" I asked.

"Then don't come back to me." She said completely with a tone that she's mocking me.

"If you already meet your perfect girl, why bother coming back to me? I mean it's obvious she would have everything that you've always wanted." She said as she stared into my eyes.

"Okay."

"Good." She cupped my face and kissed me.

Ellie Lexington

I looked out the window with a glass of cocktail in my hand. I sipped it and let out a long sigh. I closed my eyes for a second and tried to calm myself down.

I was anxious.

Dalton will be meeting that woman this week. I was not doing great. I was nervous and so anxious that I couldn't even sleep.

I know there's a 99% of him liking that woman and never comes back to me.

I drank my cocktail in one shot and put the empty glass on the table. I was not happy at all and this made me go crazy.

I wanted to text or call him so bad to ask how did it go but somehow I don't want to sound clingy and sound like a jealous girlfriend.

"Hi." I turned to see a beautiful woman approaching me.

"Are you Ellie Lexington?" The woman asked and I raised my eyebrows.

"Yes, but do I know you?"

"I'm Carol Dupont, I'm Vincent Dupont's sister." My eyes widen hearing Vincent's name.

"Oh!" I smiled widely hearing Vincent's name.

"How do you know me?" I asked because even though I know her brother, I never knew Vincent has a sister.

"My brother saw you earlier and he needs your help."

"What? What happened?"

"He is in a middle of a sticky situation." Carol showed me her text message with Vincent.

"Do you mind?"

"Let's go." I said. I followed Carol to the main bar and she led me to where Vincent is. I saw him with a blonde woman trying to stick with him like a leech. When Vincent saw me, his face lit up.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"His girlfriend." I said as I pointed at Vincent.

"I don't believe you." She hissed and I grabbed her arm pulling her away from Vincent. I looked at her coldly and she looked scared.

I sat down beside Vincent and linked my arm with him. I glared at the woman so hard that she looked at me dumbfound. I kissed Vincent's cheek and turned to her again.

"I'm still sparing you a life." I said as I pretended to look at my long nails. I leaned my head to Vincent.

"I will tell Mrs. Dupont about this!" With that she stomped her feet and left. I chuckled and then turned to Vincent.

"What on earth you were doing?" I asked and he laughed. He gave me a hug and caressed my head.

"I miss you and thanks!" He said and I patted his back. I pulled away and I turned to look for Carol.

"Where's your sister?" I asked.

"Let her be.."

"You really bring your sister on a date huh?" I shook my hand as I crossed my arms in front of my chest looking at him disbelief.

"That woman up to no good, I'm glad I saw you earlier." He said as he ruffled my hair.

"Idiot." Vincent Dupont is my childhood friend. We were friends since I was 4 and he's 8 and I did have a crush on him. I mean who doesn't this man is hot and if he didn't move to German, I would be chasing him instead of Dalton.

Vincent ordered drinks for us and Vincent chuckled. "Do you know what's weird about that woman earlier?"

"What?"

"She called me baby boo, this is the first time we met and she already claimed me with that fucking name." I laughed because that's so cringe to begin with.

"Why are you in Paris?" I asked and he narrowed his eyes. I pinched my cheek.

"Why? I can't be here?"

"You know that's not what I meant." I said and he chuckled.

"My father arranged me with that woman earlier, he begged me to come here to meet her. I told him, I will but I'm bringing my sister."

"Your sister, how old is she?" I asked.

"She's 19." That's a pretty big age gap. I never knew he had a sister.

"How about you? Why are you here? You look stress out when I saw you earlier." He said as the waiter brought us our drinks.

"Just a lot of things."

"Work? Relationship?" I rolled my eyes and he laughed.

"So.. what did your boyfriend do?" He asked and I leaned my head to his shoulder.

"He's my boyfriend but I don't really own him. He's not even mine to begin with."