Fifty-First Door

Clementine exhaled deeply as she surveyed the entire garden. The Duke was invited, as were the servants from the castle, and the most of their guests are merely people they know. She checked her phone again, but there were no messages from Irish. She dialed her number and placed her phone in her ear, but the call died in a fraction of a second after she dialed it.

"Seriously?" She chewed her lower lip and tried again, but she couldn't get Irish's phone number this time. "What the hell is going on?"

When she felt someone tap her shoulder, she jumped a little. When she glanced around, she noticed Alcina which made her exhale a sigh of relief.

"You were on the verge of giving me a heart attack."

"Sorry, darling. I was looking for you, Mother Miranda is asking if you'd want to throw your bouquet now that the guests have dined. We all know that's what everyone is looking forward to, especially since the majority of our visitors are ladies," Alcina shrugged her shoulders.

"I haven't been able to toss it yet. Irish isn't present," she sighed. "I tried calling her phone, but it's now out of coverage."

"The wedding has been over for half an hour now."

"I don't think she's coming. But she would tell us if she won't come right? Am I just waiting for nothing?" Her voice trembled slightly, as if she was about to cry.

Alcina hugged her and kissed the top of her head in the hopes of making her feel better.

"She promised me," she sniffled. "I understand that promises are designed to be broken, but this is Irish, and she never breaks her promise."

"Irish will not brwak her promise; all you have to do is believe in her," Alcina said, pulling away and cupping her face. "Don't even consider crying; Irish would be upset if she founds out that she was the cause of your tears, and I don't want to watch my gorgeous wife cry. You should be happy, this is our wedding day."

She was holding Alcina's hand, which was still on her cheek. "You're right; all I have to do now is believe in her. She'll probably show up; she's just supposedly a little late."

"That's all there is to it; now go ahead and smile. Let's have a look at that lovely smile of yours," Alcina pressed her cheeks together.

She rolled her eyes and gently pouted her lips before smiling as she felt Alcina's lips on the tip of her nose.

"Now that's the smile I fell in love with," she grinned. "I want to drag you away from here because of that smile. It's turning me on."

She pushed Alcina's arm in a fun manner. "Please put your hot hormones away for the time being. I can't believe you!"

She grinned. "I was only joking but not really."

"There you two are. I've been searching for you all over the place." Miranda remarked.

"We're just having a moment," Alcina explained.

"Why? Is there something wrong, Mom?"

"No, everything is good except for the fact that they're all waiting to see when you'll throw your bouquet. I've overheard Ingrid and Freya discussing it among the other servants. You should toss it immediately, you wouldn't want to keep them waiting." Miranda remarked.

She tried to mask her disappointment by looking towards Alcina and then Miranda. She really wanted to throw the bouquet right now, but she doesn't know if Irish is here; she was hoping Irish would catch it.

"Mom, gather them all around around the center, I'm going to throw it now," she forced a smile.

"Sure," Miranda joked. "But don't make out here, this is an open field, just so you know."