First Door

Clementine was frowning in front of her vanity mirror, tears welling up in her eyes, but she refused to cry even if she wanted to. She sighed and rubbed her face using her palms and sighed frustratedly.

The door of her room opened which made her look back. Her best friend, Lily entered the door with a raised eyebrow.

"What happened to you? Were you crying again?" Lily asked.

"As much I don't want to admit it, yes. I am crying again," She sniffed and rubbed her nose.

"Mimi, I told you to not watch any more of those love stories. You'll just remember the pain all over again," Lily sat down beside her looking at her phone only to see that she was watching Midnight Sun.

Lily rolled her eyes and snatched Clementine's phone shoving it into her pocket.

"Lily!" Clementine protested.

"No more drama binging for you, its almost time for you shift and here you are crying and looking like a potato both at the same time."

Clementine sighed and looked at mirror. She has dark circles under her eyes due to sleepless nights, and her eyes looked swelled and tired. It has been a week since her and her ex broke up but it still hurts her heart.

"Mimi, you need to start moving on. That asshole doesn't deserve your tears, you can find someone better. There are lots of fish in the sea, you're very likeable i'm sure you'll find the right one for you," Lily pats her shoulder.

"Maybe you're right?"

"Girl, i'm always right. Stand up and get dressed you need to go to work soon."

She managed to get dressed and look nice despite Lily's reprimand. She's a barista at a café that's only a short ride from their flat. Above, she was dressed in a tank top with a leather jacket, black leggings, and white high-cut sneakers.

"See 'ya after work, Mimi!" Lily waved goodbye.

"Bye!" She smiled and walked away.

She started to compose herself, starting with a smile and positive thoughts to motivate her for work. As she was about to cross the street she suddenly stopped when she saw her ex– Dylan holding hands with a woman. Her face fell and her knees weakened. The thought of her staying positive had gone in the back of her mind, all she wanted to do right now was to get away from where she was.

She ran as fast as she could not knowing where to go. She doesn't feel like going to work anymore just because of what she saw. Apparently, the woman that her ex was with is the same woman who he told her not to worry about, and there they are. Holding hands looking happily while here she is looking miserable trying hard to move on from their two year relationship.

She finally stopped running and hailed a cab. A cab stopped in front of her and she immediately entered the back seat.

"Yes, Miss? Where to?" The driver asked.

She examined the cab's driver, who was large enough to occupy both the driver's and shotgun seats.

"Somewhere far away," she murmured, her eyes welling up with tears.

"Is it far enough away for you to start a new life?" After that, the driver inquired.

"Yes, please just get me out of here." She said trembling.

"My demand is to fulfill your dream. Please stay with me for the voyage," The driver amusedly laughed.

She disregarded the driver and leaned against the cab's window, her eyes closed. She'll definitely regret her rash decision to travel to an unfamiliar location with an untrustworthy driver in the cab.

-
Clementine had been sleeping for hours, and Ingrid, the maid appointed by Lady Dimitrescu to keep an eye on her, was becoming irritated. It seemed like Clementine has no plan of waking up any moment, she was sleeping peacefully as if she hasn't sleep in years. The maid sighed and leaned her head on the wall, still watching the woman sleep.

Ingrid stood up as she heard a knock on the door. Lady Dimitrescu pushed through the door, kneeling to gain access.

She made a small bow. "Lady Dimitrescu." She greeted.

"Has she been asleep all this time?" She asked.

Ingrid nodded. "For about four hours now. I checked her pulse and its still strong, she might've been weak due to the snowstorm outside."

"You are free to carry on with the tasks I have allocated to you. You are free to depart." Lady Dimitrescu motioned the maid to leave with a wave of her hand.

The maid didn't bother to inquire about her request and simply exited the room. Based on her appearance, Ingrid is clear that the woman is not from the village; she could be from somewhere else, but how could she have gotten here? Someone would warn her about the village where she is now residing.

Lady Dimitrescu sat down on the couch that was in the room. She crossed her legs and puff a smoke from her cigarette. Her golden eyes looked at the woman who was still sleeping on the bed.

Clementine yawned and shifted her weight to the side, her body warmed by the big blanket. With her eyes still closed, she covered her face with the blanket. She took a sniff and inhaled the scent of the blanket, only to see that it wasn't the same scent as hers. When she noticed the blanket on her head smelled like vanilla, her eyes opened and she removed it. Because Lily despises the vanilla scent, she and Lily never used a vanilla fabric conditioner.

She awoke to find herself in a strange room. She spotted a fireplace beside the bed she was in, and the room was quite large. She felt relieved when she looked at herself and saw that she was still dressed. For as long as she can remember, the cab she was riding in was hit, and she was stranded in a remote village during a snowstorm.

She took a peek around the room and observed a big figure sitting on the room's couch. When she peered at the silhouette, she saw dazzling golden eyes that had been illuminated by the fire.

"I see you've awoken from your deep slumber," the woman spoke in an elegant voice.

Clementine grabbed the covers as the woman rose up. Clementine was intimidated by the towering woman who stood tall in front of her.

The tall woman was just a few inches away from the bed she was in. The tall woman gave a small laugh and threw the remaining cigarette in the bin nearby.

"You're not from here aren't you?" Lady Dimitrescu asked.

Clementine slowly nodded answering her question.

"Speak up; i'm not a biter."

"I– um," she took a deep breath. "I'm just wondering where am I," she gave a nervous laugh.

Lady Dimitrescu cocked her head, perplexed. She moved a step closer to Clementine, causing her to raise her head to see her face.

"You're inside my castle, young woman," she whispered as she knelt down to face Clementine. "I suppose I'll have to utter the words? Welcome to Dimitrescu Castle! "She gave a sly grin."

--

I'm very sorry for the lame chapter ಠ◡ಠ. I'll try my best to come up with interesting scenes because i'm a potato inside a sack lol.