Tenth Door

Bela arched an eyebrow as she looks at Clementine staring at the window. The two of them are in the indoor garden where she likes to spend her time; this is her first time bringing Clementine with her because she needs assistance planting new seeds.

"Should I shove your face so you could kiss the window? The way you look at it seems like your in love."

Clementine shook her head and looked at Bela.

"Sorry it won't happen again," she took the pot and planted a seed on the soil.

"Are you okay? You've been distracted these past few days even Daniela is noticing."

She smiled. "I'm fine."

Bela rolled her eyes and let out a sigh. "If you have any problems you can talk to me. You don't seem.. bad."

"What do you mean by that?" Her forehead creased.

"Well.. you know? You're not bad as a person," Bela shrugged. "It also doesn't mean we're friends just because I said that."

Clementine laughed. "Of course, Lady Bela. I know that you and I can never be friends because i'm a servant and you're my boss."

"I'm glad you get it."

As the two of them were engrossed with gardening, silence permeated the indoor garden. Bela cast a glance on Clementine, who had a solemn expression on her face.

"Clementine, I think you should take a break," she put the shovel down and faced her.

"I'm okay, Lady Bela. If anyone needs to take a break it's you, you've been here all morning and I just got here."

"I can't concentrate on gardening when I can sense your agitated energy!" She yelled. "I'm sorry for yelling. You know I can feel people's energy like if there is something bothering them, I can feel it. I can yours and it's very heavy," she sighed.

"Maybe you're right, Lady Bela I do need a break after all," she forced a smile.

"Take your time for all I care," Bela rolled her eyes. "You can either join me again or use the rest of the day as your break."

"Pardon me?" Clementine asked in confusion.

"I'm saying is you can either return or not, it's up to you."

"Thank you, Lady Bela."

"Can you please just leave?" Bela asked in a soft tone.

Because of the manner Bela said the words, she was taken aback. Bela wasn't in her normal sneering or growling voice; today was rather unusual just like Clementine's behavior. She sighed and walked out of the garden, pondering her next move. Today is her third day of freedom, which means today is the last day that the people in the castle will see alive.

"I haven't properly said goodbye to the girls yet," she murmured thinking of Ingrid and her other servant friends.

She headed straight to the kitchen where she saw Ingrid, Adela, and the others in their usual spots gossiping on whatever topic they could provide. She knocked on the door before entering and their eyes immediately landed on hers.

"So how's gardening duty with, Lady Bela?" Asked Red, one of her servant friends.

She shrugged. "She got annoyed by me so she sent me away."

Ingrid laughed. "She does that to all of us so it's not surprising. That girl is very strict when it comes to her plants."

"Just like how Lady Daniela is possessive with her books." Pam stated.