Fourteenth Door

In the castle, it was a very tranquil morning. Alcina, Bela, and Cassandra had already taken their seats in the dining room, waiting for their meal. Daniela was not to be located at the time, and Alcina has a suspicion about her whereabouts.

"Girls, where's your sister?" She asked, as she lays the napkin across her lap

"She's in the cellar or basement, she told me that she would go either those two places." Bela responded.

"She haven't found that servant?" Cassandra inquired, her lips pursed.

Bela shook her head and faced Alcina. "Mother?"

"What is it darling?"

"You didn't touched her did you?" Bela squeezed her lips together, waiting for Alcina to respond.

A loud scream drew their attention and silenced them before Alcina could even respond to Bela.

"What was that?"  Cassandra got out of her chair.

Another scream was heard, startling the three of them because they recognize the owner of the scream.

Bela rose from her seat as well, saying, "That sounded like Daniela."

Alcina's lips formed a smile as she covered her mouth with her hands. Her plan is working out perfectly, and she couldn't be happier.

"We should check her. It's possible that something horrible has happened." Cassandra spoke up, her voice anxious.

Bela and Cassandra both vanished. Alcina was left alone in the room, finally exhibiting her previously hidden smile.

"I'm already kicking myself for doing this," she said to herself, her brow furrowed. "However, how can she learn her lesson?" she said, shrugging her shoulders.

Alcina rose from her seat and walked out of the dining room. She knows where the three girls are: they're in the blood-draining cellar. She entered the cellar, and she was correct; the girls were all there, all with astonished expressions as they spoke of the body hanging from the large hook.

"What gives you all such a startled expression?" She inquired, drawing the girls' attention to her.

Cassandra's face appeared pallid, as if she had lost all color. Daniela's face was unreadable among the three; she had no expression and just stared at the lifeless body hanging from the hook. Bela was wide-eyed as she clutched her stomach.

Bela, who was attempting to vomit, muttered, "Mother." She swallowed and turned her gaze away from the body dangling from the hook. "Is it that who I think it is?"

Alcina wore a smile on her face as she crossed her arms. The body on the hook had been severely tortured and had been dressed in Clementine's uniform. Of course, the girls believe the body belongs to Clementine, but this is not the case. The body belongs to an old servant who attempted to poison her multiple times, which she tormented as part of her plan.

"Mother?" Bela called again her hand not leaving her stomach.

"I think you already know the answer."

Cassandra was shaking as she turned to Alcina. "B-but w-why?"

"What exactly do you mean by why?" Alcina cocked her head. "Darling, as your mother, I did what I had to do. She harmed you, so I retaliated."

"This is too much," Bela said as she returned her gaze to the tortured body. "I'm sorry, but I have to leave," she said, clutching her stomach and straining to puke once more.

Alcina turned to face Daniela, who stood motionless, staring at the body.

Daniela slowly turned to face her. Her expression remained austere and impenetrable, as it had been previously.