Thirty-Third Door

Bela, Cassandra, and Daniela were in the castle's conservatory, together with Irish. Alcina was unable to be seen at the moment, according to the girls, who claimed she had been busier than ever in recent days.

"Hey, Irish? How is Clemy? Is she okay? The last time she was here, she abruptly left without saying anything." Bela let out a sigh.

"Is she avoiding us? She hasn't returned any of our calls," Cassandra had a frown on her face.

Irish clenched her teeth and pursed her lips. "She's not avoiding you; she's simply at the manor bonding with Miranda."

Daniela's lips were pursed as she said, "I miss having mom around."

She cocked her head. "Mom?"

Cassandra stated, "We literally call her mom because she's like our second mother."

Daniela rolled her eyes and said, "I was the one who came up with the idea, and then the two of them just named her mom too."

"She doesn't mind," Bela chuckled. "She likes it when we call her that."

Irish smiled and nodded. "But how did you even refer to her as her mom? Is Lady Dimitrescu dating her or do they have a thing?"

Bela shrugged, "Well... I guess they both like each other."

"What do you mean? They don't like each other, they're in love, but they have never expressed their feelings to one another," Daniela let out a sigh.

"If we can just get the two of them to say what they're feeling, then maybe they're a couple now." Cassandra remarked.

"So, you're okay with them being in a relationship?" She inquired.

"Yes, of course! Why shouldn't we be happy?" Bela burst up laughing.

"Getting in the way of mother's happiness would be selfish of us, why wouldn't we want her to be happy?" Daniela smiled.

"We're pleased as long as Mother is happy. Clemy is also an ideal mother; the way she looks after us, protects us, and understands us is second to none," Cassandra sighed. "I hate to admit it, but I really like her."

Bela and Daniela shrieked as they poked her shoulder.

Daniela teased, "I knew it, you really like her."

Bela mocked, "You're acting like you're upset at her, but you really like her."

Irish smiled and nodded in agreement with what she had just heard. It's a good thing Miranda wasn't with her today, since she wouldn't have had this conversation with them.

"Are you finished applying the serum to your arms? Is it possible for me to test right now?"

They all responded with a nod. Irish delicately brushed a piece of ice off the girls' arms to see if the serum they were working on was working properly.

Bela giggled, "Hey, I didn't feel cold."

"Yes, I agree! The ice has no effect on my skin too," Daniela chuckled.

"Does this mean we can start using the serum?" Cassandra was the one who inquired.

Irish guffawed. "No, we're still at 60%, which implies the impacts you're experiencing are only transient and not permanent. Do you mind if I reapply the ice to your skin?"

The three nodded again, and she swept the ice from their skins, as she had done previously, and this time they stood up in pain.

"It burns!" Daniela let out a shriek.