Eleventh Door

A ray of sunlight caught Clementine's eyes, prompting her to cover them with a pillow she strewn about the bed. She took a deep breath and sniffed the aroma of the pillow she had used to cover her head. Her eyes widened as she lifted the pillow above her head, forcing her to stare up the unfamiliar ceiling. She sat down on the bed and looked around her surroundings. She was certainly not in her room, and this doesn't look like the cellar or the basement.

"Where the heck am I?" Her forehead creased trying to remember what happened last night when she was in the balcony.

She took a quick look around the room. White with a hint of gold was used to paint the walls. In the right side near the bed, a large vanity mirror with gold linings was placed, a white closet was placed near the vanity, a white Victorian armchair was placed in front of the bed, and the wide windows in the room were draped with red silk curtains.

Clementine slid out of bed, unwrapping her body in a thick silky sheet that covered her. She turned the knob on a door beside the closet, but it was locked. She turned the knob on the second door, which was only a few inches away from the bed, and it opened, dropping her jaw. It was another room, but this time the furniture is for a living room. In the center there is a green couch with an oak table, as well a fireplace in front of the couch. There's also a television and bookcases. The walls were painted the same as the bedroom.

Clementine noticed another door near the fireplace and ran straight for it. She turned the knob, but it was locked, exactly like the door inside the bedroom.

"I see you've awoken from your profound slumber."

She turned around only to see Alcina wearing a white robe with a rolled towel on her head. She turned around feeling heat on her cheeks, as the tall lady flashed her a sneaky grin.

"I-I w-woke up a few minutes ago," she faked a cough. "Where am I anyway?"

"What's your guess?" Alcina leaned against the doorway with her arms crossed.

Clementine cast a glance towards Alcina, who stood in the doorway, waiting for an answer.

"Is this the place where my body parts get chopped off and my blood with be drained to turn into wine?"

Alcina arched an eyebrow and burst out a loud laugh. Clementine's face crippled as she looked at the tall lady laughing at her sentence. She is baffled to why she is laughing that hard.

"Did I said something funny?" She bit her lower lip.

Alcina regained her posture and took a step to where Clementine is standing. Clementine looked up so she could have eye contact with the woman.

"Dear, does this look like the dungeon or a basement to you?"

She shook her head. "No."

Alcina nodded and hummed. "You have your answer right in front of you."

Her brow furrowed in response to the woman's statement. She took another look at the room before coming to a realization. Alcina noticed her reaction to her epiphany, and gave her a mischievous smile.

"No way," she shook her head looking at Alcina. "There is no way that this is your room!" She exclaimed.

"I wish I could lie but unfortunately this is my chambers, dear," she turned around and walked away from Clementine heading to her bedroom.

Clementine followed the tall lady into the bedroom. "What am I doing here? I was supposed to be punished right?"

Alcina ignored her and opened the closet door making Clementine's jaw drop once again.